Windows 8 Apps and Store not Working Properly

I read hundreds of different reports and most of them led to the same problem which is user related, not connection, firewall, protocol, configuration or anything else related. I also tried practically all suggestions on the web from simple UAC or proxy config to resetting WS, running specific diag scripts, switching user account from local to Microsoft and vice-versa, changing registry and msconfig.
After many, many hours of tentatives and failures I decided to create another user which happened to work perfectly. Then, after a few tweaks I came up with a rather simple and quick solution (15 minutes top). The only case it will take some more time is when you have an old account and want to migrate all configuration from several different applications which might lay on you AppData folder.
The steps:
1. Take note of the user's libraries path under folder "Users" (usually similar to the user's name, e.g. C:\Users\Roberto\ in my case);
2. Change the problematic user account to local under "Change PC Settings/Users" and rename the user to, let's say, "test" (it doesn't matter at all);
3. Create a new Microsoft account with the original username and make it of Administrator type;
4. Sign out user "test" and sign in with the newly created Microsoft account so all the default configuration and folders are created;
5. Move all files under the path you took note to the newly created libraries (e.g. C:\Users\Roberto\Documents\ to MyDocuments, C:\Users\Roberto\Desktop\ to Desktop, so on and so forth);
6. Go to Control Panel/User Accounts/Manage another account, select user "test", delete it and all files.
Done.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,256 Applies to:
That's sort of one way to do it ... that works if the problem is with the specific user account.   Unfortunately not all problems with the tiles are limited to user account problems.
~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's sort of one way to do it ... that works if the problem is with the specific user account.   Unfortunately not all problems with the tiles are limited to user account problems.
Dear gob0nkers,
If you read my comment thoroughly you will see I mentioned "most of them". I also mentioned I tried many other "fixes" before coming to this solution. So it's pretty obvious not all problems are specifically about user accounts. However, I haven't found this kind of solution mentioned anywhere else and I had to find it for myself, so I decided to report it back to this forum hoping to help others with the same problem. As Microsoft does not provide a clear method to isolate the problem and apply a specific fix for each case, unfortunately Windows 8 users will have to try them all before fixing their problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried numerous times with all the other helps and I think and believe this is the best solution.

I do believe it has something to do with the 8.1 update or something.

Sorry this didn't help.