Nothing happens when Windows Store is clicked :-(

Just upgraded my Windows7 to Windows 8. When I click on Store nothing happens? How do I am supposed to browse Windows Store?

Question Info

Last updated March 7, 2019 Views 6,242 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
AV=AntiVirus product.

I was in exactly same situation and was using Avast. Now contacted MS Support on Twitter and they are looking at it.

I use McAfee total protection.
I then uninstalled McAfee and installed Win8, didn't work (STORE fails).
Then I also uninstalled Java and again installed Win8, again didn't work.

All installations were using option of retaining existing software/apps and personal data and settings. After installation I did refresh installation which removed all software/apps except windows apps, it didn't work.

I had a backup of the original partition image so I could repeat the process from the exact condition of original Win7.

Someone above has successfully installed by clean installation removing existing settings, I wonder what existing software/setting might be blocking the STORE and Games to be installed properly.

I will try to do a Clean Installation, I am expecting it will work.

But then again what is the current apps/software/setting that might block the proper installation.

(I am not happy removing all current settings and installations, I have loads of current software and settings. I mean really a lot. And some of them cannot be reproduced and time dependent)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.