No apps will load! Windows 8, please help

When I try to open any app, the app loading screen will load for a second and then clear the app. This happens on all apps except the store. WHen I load the store it says there was a problem loading and then when I tap try again, it will load correctly but whenever I try to download an app it will say "Something Happened" and will be unable to download. This happens on every app I try to download and no apps I have downloaded will load. I have tried uninstalling an app but then I am unable to download it again. I have converted my account to a local account, then signed up for a new microsoft account using a hotmail.com email and converted my account back to a microsoft account using the new account but I still cannot download any apps or open any downloaded apps. This all started to happen after refreshing windows. I choose the refresh your computer without effecting files option and when my computer came back up, I was unable to use any application. Please help!

Really odd this started after a Refresh... I would suggest you check of your system and then do some cleaning-up - All of this before trying to load or reinstall any App.

1. In a Common line box(1) as Admin run ChkDsk /F (system partition integrity check & fix)
  2. In a Common line box as Admin run SFC /ScanNow (system integrity check & fix if possible)
    Pay attention to the outcome
  3. [Win] + R then type CleanMgr +OK then check at least Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files, Offline Web pages, Temporary files, Thumbnails(2)
  4. [Win] + R then type WsReset + OK (Resets Windows Store cache)
  5. Open IE from the Desktop + go to the Tools / Internet options menu + go to the Advanced tab and click both Restore advanced settings and Reset... (PC reboot required)

(1) [Win] + X then Command line (Admin)

(2) Not sure of my translation - I'm not running a US version

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lz.

Cheers | Lz. (GMT +1)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 197 Applies to: