i have a problem with microsoft solitaire collection

i just install windows 8 pro and it doesn't work microsoft solitaire collection. I don't know what to do. Please help me... This is what it looks like: http://s13.postimage.org/mrxh4rjhj/solitaire.png

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for posting your query on it.

As per the issue description, you have just installed Windows 8 Pro on your computer and you are unable to play the Microsoft Solitaire Collection games on your computer.

From the screenshot which you have posted, it seems that the issue is due to the out dated graphics card drivers installed on your computer. I would like to have some information regarding this issue.

1.       How did you install Windows 8 on your computer? Was it a clean install or an upgrade?

2.       Did you update all the device drivers in your computer after you upgraded to Windows 8?

3.       What is the make and model of the graphics card in your computer?

In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you to update the graphics card drivers on your computer and check if those help. You may follow these steps for the same.

Update the Graphic Card Drivers

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a.        Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b.       Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.

c.        From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.

Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

a.        Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b.       Click on “Device Manager”.

c.        Search for the Graphics Card from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.

d.       Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.

e.       If no driver updates are available, you may also search for the updated graphics card drivers in the “Drivers” and “DriverStore” folders in the location “C:/Windows/System32” by selecting the option “Browse my computer for Driver Software”.

If no drivers are available, then check in the computer and graphics card manufacturer’s website for the latest Windows 8 drivers for your graphics card. If they are available, then download and install them on the computer.

Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or graphics card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 drivers available for the graphics card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this is helpful. If this issue persists, please feel free to get back to us with all the additional information and the results of the above troubleshooting methods.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your advices, but it doesn't work. I follow step 1 and step 2 and the answer was the same that the driver is up to date and I stop at step 3. My model of the graphics card is Ati radeon x1650 and I didn't find on their site the driver for windows 8 at my product. Here is the link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx What can I do?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have lost micro soft solitarie collection

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As I indicated separately, once you have the correct MSC for your Windows (I had Windows 8.1 Pro with 64 Bit, and MSC has a version for that.  So Uninstall earlier versions of MSC, then install the correct version.

(and by the way the solution below will remove jittery jerky movement or freezes on other videos such as Youtube.

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  It showed up on my list of programs.  Great program.  There is another Flash that Adobe puts out Shockwave Flash.  I never uploaded this.  It did not appear on my software list.     Somehow  it piggybacked onto my machine.  It may have been attached to the MSC program.  It may have been attached to the Facebook version.  I ain't no techie.  

It was this Shockwave  Flash which was crashing the Solitaire and the others.  It even told me so. 

If both Adobes are working in my hacienda at the same time, this may well be the problem.  If your Adobe Flash Player is correct for your Windows version, I suggest you formally add the latest version of Shockwave which should be compatible.  I did and and now have no problems.  All is bitzkrieg speed.  The problem of removiung it when it is not listed under my software program list is waaaay too hard for me.

from pete, the ten thumb keyboard operator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2018 Views 2,280 Applies to: