How to cancel a Windows 8 Market Place App purchase?

Not sure if Microsoft is aware that when active users are in the Market Place app, and there is a price change, the user is not notified of the price until after the installation process starts.

I have had this happen to me when an application I was going to install, moves from a FREE application to a PAID application, the user is badly notified of this. Firstly the option is INSTALL not to buy, the next screen was requesting to update payment details... with no information about cost occured. The a blue dialog box states that there has been a price change, and to refresh (with an OK as a reply), then the next screen states that it was PURCHASED and starts to install. So without being told the application cost money, and verify if I want to pay that cost, it goes ahead and debits my account and starts to install the application.

I have been transfered serveral times in one call, called 3 different numbers that all have the same IVR system that offer the same options, with no person that states to "call this number" saying which department to call, "just call that number, they will help you". After 5 calls all I have got is a case and an escalatation, they can't even see the transaction where I am staring at it in commerce.microsoft.com's website. Surely MS Support should know how to help a customer in this situation, was this not an important runbook incident for MS?

The other issue, is that there seeminly is no EASY way to refresh the screen in Windows 8's Marketplace to view if an app has had a price change.

F5 does not recheck the information it has already cached, this was the first MS Supports person response. MS Support have then stated that the only way is to log out then back in to Windows 8 Marketplace to see the reflected price changes. TERRIBLE!

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,462 Applies to:
Designed for discovery

The Windows Store is designed to ensure the visibility and discoverability of apps. The Windows Store features minimal chrome, so apps are center stage. Discoverability mechanisms, like search, category browse, rankings, and editorial curating help users find your apps. Landing pages are designed to surface compelling apps, and categories like New releases, Top paid, Top free, and Rising stars help organize the catalog.

The Windows Store catalog is indexed by search engines, so apps are easy to find. Web search results point to a web version of the app listing page, which is based on the same content as the Windows Store listing. Promoting apps from your website is easy. In fact, with just a line of markup, you can promote your app via the app button within the browser, visible to anyone running Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8.

Selling in a global marketplace

The Windows Store supports the distribution of free and paid apps in hundreds of markets worldwide, so most customers can find and install the apps they want in the language of their choice. The Windows Store supports market-specific catalogs, tailored for customers in specific locales, as well as market-specific payment providers. You can choose the catalogs in which your app is listed.

Flexible business models

The Windows Store provides you with the freedom to choose the business model that’s right for your apps. The Store provides full platform support for free apps, trials (both time-based and feature-based), and paid apps, as well as in-app purchases. You’re free to manage customer transactions directly using your own or third-party services for in-app purchases and subscriptions, or use the services provided by the Windows Store. For apps that are supported by ads, you’re free to choose the ad platform that best meets your goals.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, but that does not relate to the issue in any shape or form, but thanks for taking the time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.