full dvd version of windows 8 pro OEM, no brande upgrades!

I wish to purchase a full OEM of windows 8 professional 32bit.  I can't seem to locate a stand alone OS...most of these things are upgrades meaning  you have to already have some compatible OS installed...THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT!  Doesn't windows 8 professional come in a true FULL version that isn't dependent on another OS being installed? 

I also want it on a tangible disk/s not the downloaded version.  But I can't seem to locate any of what I am seeking does anyone have the UPC for the system builder stand alone windows 8 professional full product? 

The drive I bought is brand new, no existing OS,...and I already know I want windows 8 professional not windows 8 or some other previous version of the OS product. I need to know where to find what I am seeking and what the fair market value of the product is (for one legal licensed copy).  If anyone has the proper UPC and model that would be a great start.

BJ

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 587 Applies to:

Hi,

Win 8 and Win 8 Pro are available as a FULL VERSION only by purchasing the RETAIL OEM System Builders Version... Either 32 or 64 bit...the Upgrades come with both...

The OEM System Builder version comes with ZERO support from Microsoft... You're on your own with problems, but most answers can be found in forums or online.

I don't know your location, but I would Imagine that most computer supply stores would have them, as well as most online retailers... It usually is packaged in a bluish\purple sleeve... but I have seen some that are white...

The Upgrades are in a multi color grey box...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What you are looking for is Windows 8 Pro 32bit either OEM or System Builder.

If you are unable to get it in your local electronics store you can get it from an online retailer such as amazon.com

Below is an example and there are other sites you can google

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_13/183-2295042-3519754?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=windows+8+pro+full+version&sprefix=windows+8+pro%2Caps%2C174

Sorry this didn't help.

The full version is not available in retail stores. You must buy system builder version online. Be aware that some misinformed store clerks tell customers that they are buying the full version when actually they are buying the upgrade. Amazon has the system builder version of pro for $140. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I wish to purchase a full OEM of windows 8 professional 32bit.  I can't seem to locate a stand alone OS...most of these things are upgrades meaning  you have to already have some compatible OS installed...THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT!  Doesn't windows 8 professional come in a true FULL version that isn't dependent on another OS being installed? 

I also want it on a tangible disk/s not the downloaded version.  But I can't seem to locate any of what I am seeking does anyone have the UPC for the system builder stand alone windows 8 professional full product? 

The drive I bought is brand new, no existing OS,...and I already know I want windows 8 professional not windows 8 or some other previous version of the OS product. I need to know where to find what I am seeking and what the fair market value of the product is (for one legal licensed copy).  If anyone has the proper UPC and model that would be a great start.

BJ

Hi BJ

Microsoft does not sell the System Builder version of Windows 8 directly.

See the following link.

Amazon.com: Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD 32-Bit: Software:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Professional-System-Builder-32-Bit/dp/B0094NX97U

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Sorry this didn't help.