Can't buy music with my Microsoft Account on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8

Hello! I have a problem with my Microsoft account. I was chatting with a Windows Phone representative and he told me to post my problem here with the following details:

• I can't buy music with my Microsoft account on the Windows 8 music app and in the Windows Phone 8 store (in both I get error messages, and in the Windows Phone store I also get an error message which is c101a9cb)
  • I migrated my Microsoft account through the Xbox support around a month ago from Italy to the UK where I now live and got a confirmation email that this successfully worked
  • There are 5 billing accounts attached to my Microsoft account of which most are the old Italian ones (the Windows Phone support guy said that this might be the problem)
  • I can purchase apps on both the Windows 8 Store and the Windows Phone 8 store however with the same UK debit card that doesn't let me buy music
  • I currently have over 400 Microsoft Points which I'm not allowed to use either because I get the same error message on the Windows 8 music app

So to recap, I simply can't buy music for some reason. The Windows Phone support guy was sure that this is due to a problem on my Microsoft account so therefore I had to post my problem here. I need this problem to be really fixed please, because I can't give up this email attached to it and I don't want to have multiple Microsoft accounts.

Is there any way to delete those Italian billing account attached to my Microsoft account so that the conflict that may exist will be cleared? If it's not that what could be the problem? If you need the details of my Microsoft account please let me know.

Thanks for help in advance!

Question Info

Last updated September 8, 2018 Views 2,408 Applies to:

I have owned the Lumia windows phone for a few weeks, what a mistake. I haven't been able to purchase any music on the phone despite investing hours. First made me sign up for a Microsoft account. Did that. Then it made me log in again and wouldn't accept the password I had just created so I had to change my password. Did that, entered the new password. Then I tried to purchase a song it told me id be billed on my Att account, fine. Then it said I can't put it on my att account ill have to use a credit card. Fine, entered me CC info. Then tried to purchase the song again, again it tells me they will bill ATT... WHATEVER CAN I GET MY SONG NOW???

Of course not. Again it tells me I can't add the cost to my phone bill. Tells me to select a different method if payment. The credit card info I already entered seems to have vanished and I not one of the payment options listed. Only "add to att bill"or "add new card" are options. So I add new card, enter credit card info AGAIN and it tells me "error, cannot add card, because this card is already on your account". Repeated 15 timed. 15x.honestly no other phone has ever made it so hard

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same issue.  Any luck?  It seems to work on Xbox Video.  I don't get it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Factory reset worked, i lost all my contacts bit it worked! Att was

mystified though

Sorry this didn't help.

Good to know.  Not sure I want to lose my contacts though.  I wonder if my laptop will sync all the contacts.  Thanks for the update.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

HAVING SAME ISSUE 😬😤😠 lumia phone . It seems issue after issue at moment, I had lumia fine for almost 3 yrs and got due to size and been able to talk message rather than type with arthritic hands. But cannot wait till end of contrsct to get a new phone that works. As no message tone no matter what do, & this been the case 4 weeks, cannot download and use music like previously could then get error no matter how we try to purchase it.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.