Apps bought on Windows phone should be free on windows 8

I just want to raise the issue of having bought apps on my windows phone, and having to pay again to install them in the Metro interface. Should the accounts not be merged?

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 316 Applies to:

Hey Bareslehm,

Which is the app that you have installed on Windows phone? Check the compatiblity of the app on Windows 8 compatible center to check if the windows8 provides the software for the OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

This is compatibility center website link.

All d best!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Bareslehm and afreen_acer

I'm new to this forum, but I have been using my windows phone (7.5) for a while now. I had the same question. I own a Nokia Lumia 900 (Windows Phone 7.5) as well as a Lenovo Yoga 13 (Windows 8). I've been wanting to purchase some popular apps, such Angry Birds or Cut the Rope, but I don't want to buy the same apps twice. I know the apps are offered on both systems, I can see them in the two different market places (windows phone and windows 8). Can the accounts be merged?

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. The developers had to develop these apps twice. Though much of the code can be shared in a lot of instances, they are essentially different apps. In the same sense that if you have a Ford Focus and a Ford Fusion and get a set of new tires for the Fusion, don't expect them to magically show up on a the Focus.

That said, it would be a great model if this could be perfected, or if WP apps could run in the side bar w/o the developer having to significantly recode. Or if Microsoft would make available a discount mechanism for the developer to enable at their discretion for loyal app purchasers.

Sorry this didn't help.

The man did not buy cars, and did not buy tires.

The man bought an app on a platform that appeard to be evolving and not being dropped. Probably if he would have known he would not buy them. And probably the developer would not have developed that app also.

That being said, Microsoft should pay for that app porting.

Hope Microsoft will complain in the future also, about Apple's sales compaired to theirs. They did not do that kind of "put people first" as Microsoft did.

Sorry this didn't help.