Q: App Store: "Your PC isn't connected to the Internet."

My App Store is not working right now. If I open the App Store, I get a message saying the following:

"Your PC isn't connected to the Internet. To use the Store, connect to the Internet and then try again."

Obviously, this isn't true, as I can browse the web perfectly normally with a web browser, and all other applications are able to access the internet. I have made sure my proxy settings are unchecked, so that should not be the issue. The odd thing is that the App Store was working fine about two weeks ago, but then it hit this message and it hasn't changed. Restarting the computer has no effect on the message.

Running the Music app (which I downloaded when the App Store was still working) has a similar error. When I open the Music app, and click the "Sign in" link, the following error code shows up:

"0xc00d11b2 (0x80072af9)"

I am running Windows 8 Enterprise, if that makes a difference.

Is there a solution to this issue?

I worked with Microsoft support on this problem.

On my system we realized that the Windows Store App worked fine for other local accounts on my PC just not for my account.

While logged in as me the technician ran WSReset.exe (which clears out the Windows Store app cache) and as soon as that was done my Windows Store app started to work as it should.

Your mileage may vary, but it worked for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

96 people were helped by this reply

Do the following steps:

Disable Proxy

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

1. Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
  2. Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
  3. Go to Connection.
  4. Click on LAN Settings.
  5. Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
  6. Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

If you are still facing issues with it, please follow the steps below:

Reset Windows Update Component.

This will reset and reregister Windows Update Components. This usually solves Windows update related problems.

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

123 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 107,762 Last updated: March 18, 2018 Applies to: