Question

Q: Windows update issues; Error code: 80073712

• WindowsUpdate_80073712

• Hello everyone, when I try to install updates this error shows up (

• WindowsUpdate_80073712) and I troubleshoot it to ''fix '' it, and it tells me the issue with that problem has been solved, but then I try to install the updates again and the same issue shows up... Any help or advice? Another thing is that it says my laptop has not been updated since 12/29/15, does that affect the updates? I am running on Windows 8, I do not know if I should upgrade to Windows 8.1 since in the process my laptop overheats. Another thing is that on the bottom right corner of my desktop it says ''Windows 8 Build 9200", does that have anything to do with my issue?

• Thanks for reading! =) 

Answer

A:

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X, and click Command Prompt (Admin) on the drop down menu. Type cd\ and press ENTER. Type or copy and paste the command "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth " without the quotes and press the ENTER key. Type or copy and paste the command " DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" without the quotes and press the ENTER key. Make sure you include the spaces where indicated. These procedures can take a long time to complete so you need to be extremely patient. Type exit when it completes, press the ENTER key and restart the computer.

If you get an Error 87 response recheck the command you entered.

Please upload a copy of the DISM log file as a shared file to your OneDrive and post a link here.

You may need to show hidden files. Use the keyboard shortcut Win+X to access Control Panel, Folder Options and select View, Advanced Settings. Verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

Open File Explorer (keyboard shortcut Win+E) and locate your C partition. Expand C along the file path C>windows>logs>DISM>dism.log. To expand C click the arrowhead to left of C and repeat with windows and sub-folders as necessary.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 271 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: