Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro upgrade fails

I have an issue with installing Win 8 Pro Pack on a brand new Lenovo H520s Desktop PC.

Bought the Pro Pack from the "Get more features with a new edition of Windows' link in Control Panel / System.

In the reboot phase, the display shows 'Adding features 15% complete', then it says 'Failure upgrading Windows. Preparing to retry', then 'Failure upgrading Windows Reverting changes'

If I then launch the desktop, I see the 'Add features to Windows 8' window ope i386n and it is displaying this message

'Couldn't add features
Your previous edition of Windows has been restored, but you should contact Microsoft Support'

Any idea why I cannot upgrade from Win8 to Win8 Pro?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 4,846 Applies to:
Answer
Was reading the lenovo forums and saw something that worked for me:
"I think I cracked the code on this.  On another Lenovo forum they mentioned using msconfig to set diagnostic startup mode.  That didn't work for me.  BUT, I used MSConfig, went to services, checked "hide Microsoft", then unchecked everything that wasn't from Intel.  Clicked OK, rebooted, retried the upgrade and it WORKED!  WooHoo!  Once back up I ran MSConfig (go to desktop, windows key + R, type "MSConfig" in the run box) and set it to normal startup.  After it came back up I had to reboot my wireless router and reconnect my wireless to get back online."

Don't ask me how it works but it worked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.