Question

Q: Windows 8. Single Language with Bing ISO

I have recently purchased a HP laptop which came pre installed with a bunch of boltwares and even th Windows store showing HP apps. I need to clean install my windows and for that I need to download the ISO file for Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing (64 bit). Where can I download it?

PC : I have tried Windows Media Creato tool and it does not contain the above version of Windows. Do not suggest a recovery partition or System Image as it is not clean install ( it installs the boltwares once again ).

Answer

A:

I have recently purchased a HP laptop which came pre installed with a bunch of boltwares and even th Windows store showing HP apps. I need to clean install my windows and for that I need to download the ISO file for Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing (64 bit). Where can I download it?

PC : I have tried Windows Media Creato tool and it does not contain the above version of Windows. Do not suggest a recovery partition or System Image as it is not clean install ( it installs the boltwares once again ).

Windows 8.1 with Bing is a free version of Windows 8.1 with low price systems. At current it seems that because Windows 8.1 with Bing is free, Microsoft are not providing the .iso. This means you cannot clean install unless you buy a new Windows License. Its not something I agree with and I hope Microsoft change their mind.

In the meantime I would recommend installing the Windows 10 .iso.

I was leaving some feedback for the Windows Media Creation Tool in this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/windows-81-media-creation-tool-and-the-oem-license/d961fcfa-e213-46d4-ab7c-e8e5a1a7f4f7

Please comment there on your experience on Windows 8.1 with Bing, hopefully someone at Microsoft will read the thread and Microsoft will revise the downloader again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 15,806 Last updated: June 27, 2018 Applies to: