Windows 8 Pro Pack Product Key does not work

I purchased a copy of Windows 8 Pro Pack from my local WalMart, only to get home and have Windows tell me the Product Key does not work.  I took the card back for exchange of a new one, and after personally watching the Customer Service scan to activate the card while billing me, I get home with the second card and its Product Key still does not work.

I just spent $99 on Pro Pack, so I would appreciate if you can send me a valid product key that you CAN assure me works.  I can't afford to keep using my gas driving back and forth to exchange for yet another bad card that won't be accepted.  So before I go to my bank to stop payment on the charge, any help in getting a working number would be appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Sorry for the delayed reply back on this thread.  I got the trouble solved last week, which ultimately was due to an invalid (although registered and legal) Activation Code Key.  I called MS Customer Service last Tuesday, Feb 19, and after some work and troubleshooting using a remote connection, the support tech was unable to fix the trouble with the Pro Pack, and submitted it to Top Level Support.  They contacted me the following day and informed me the trouble was indeed an Invalid Activation Key (even though it was showing as registered and activated on their servers).  So he issued me a new key and the Pro Pack installed and is working flawlessly so far.

So it does seem that a great many of the Pro Pack cards out there for purchase, not just limited to WalMart but also the Best Buys and office supply chains from what I've read, have been sent cards with invalid keys from Microsoft that don't unlock or work for anything; not sure why that happened.  However, the MS Customer Support people were absolutely outstanding in their service; far better than just about any other software/hardware company out there now.  I can't congratulate them enough.

I will close this with one parting thought to anyone upgrading to Win 8.  If you want the Pro version, get the complete Win 8 Pro upgrade package, not the standard Win 8 and separate Pro Pack.  It'll make upgrading much easier for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,337 Applies to: