Windows 8 Pro Download...

I use a HP Pavilion dm4, it is configured with Dual Boot- Win7 Ultimate and Win8 Preview. Under Win8 Preview I purchased the Win8 Pro Download. Win8 Preview wants to restart the PC after 2 hours unless I Upgrade. So, the Pro download is taking longer than 2 hours. Any suggestions? Is it possible to download the Win8 Pro under the Win7 OS and then Upgrade the Win8 Preview OS. I don't want to lose my Win7 Ultimate or my Dual Boot setup. Once the Win8 Pro is downloaded I will Upgrade Win8 Preview OS, Not the Win7 Ultimate. I hope, I am being Understood. If there are any Question or Suggestions, PLEASE Reply to this Post..... "Da Jazz Player" 

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 957 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Alton,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue you have reported is you are unable to upgrade to Windows 8 pro. We need some more information to assist you in a better way.

1.      Do you get any error when you try to download or is it stuck at restart screen?

2.      From which website are you trying to download Windows 8?

3.      What is the make and model of your computer?

Before we proceed with troubleshooting I would suggest you to verify system requirements for Windows 8. Please refer the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/system-requirements

Please disconnect all the external devices connected to the computer apart from keyboard and mouse and try to upgrade. You may download the Windows 8 pro and burn it to a disc and you may perform custom install.

Please refer the link which will help you in installing Windows 8 on your computer.

Upgrade assistance:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8

Hope this helps. If the issue persists with upgrading to Window 8 pro, please get back to us. We are here to assist you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.