Windows 8 Pro download or DVD for $14.99

I purchased a Sony Vaio Windows 7 Laptop on September 20, 2012. I registered for the Windows upgrade offer (Buy a Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99). I wanted a Windows 8 Pro DVD but the upgrade assistance says that the download is for $39.99 and it will change to $14.99 after I enter the promo code. I know that I can get the download for $14.99 but is there anyway I can get the Windows 8 Pro DVD for $14.99?
I purchased a Sony Vaio Windows 7 Laptop on September 20, 2012. I registered for the Windows upgrade offer (Buy a Windows 7 PC and get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99). I wanted a Windows 8 Pro DVD but the upgrade assistance says that the download is for $39.99 and it will change to $14.99 after I enter the promo code. I know that I can get the download for $14.99 but is there anyway I can get the Windows 8 Pro DVD for $14.99?

During your purchase, you should be able to purchase physical media for $14.99

Personally, I would just purchase a blank DVD or USB thumb drive and create your own bootable media.

When the "Install Windows 8" message appears, select "Install by creating media" to create a bootable USB flash drive or an .iso (a disk image) file.

Step 3: Wait for the Assistant to download the Windows 8 Pro installation package and create the bootable media or .iso file. The flash drive must be have 3GB or more of free space available.

Step 4: Burn the .iso file, if that's the path you chose, to a blank DVD.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all I have Windows 7 on my Laptop and wanting to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. On the process of downloading I’ve came across of having extreme problems with the downloadable version of Windows 8 Pro for $39.95. I thought at first it was too good to be true, then it hit me how much **** I have to go through to download this product. Oh yes I wasn't even able to download the windows 8 pro because somehow the online purchase wouldn't even except my debt card, then I used another different one. Then finding out that I was changed $39.95 (5) times between my two debt cards. I called Microsoft for assistants was told that “of course” they couldn’t do anything, making it sound like I was an idiot for using my card (5) times, not knowing that process would charge me again and again each time I’ve used it. She then told that I’m not the first customer that is having this issue and they been having problems with debt cards. She told me to go ahead and use a credit card. I’ve ask what about the charges on the debt card. She told me I need to call my bank and have them take them off. Well, okay that wasn’t the issue. The issue came when I used my credit card and it still wouldn’t let me download the window 8 pro! And I again was charged for the stupid product that wouldn’t even let me download. Microsoft I’m going to be sending this email everywhere till I’ve gotten a proper reasonable answer. I’ve have to say how disappointed I am with the service and how frustrated I am with the non-organized window 8 download for $39.95 online product. Feel free to email me anytime, because I want to hear from Microsoft!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,594 Applies to: