Windows 8 Pro download alternate website?

Is there a Windows 8 Pro alternate download website, I can’t get it to complete the download with the Microsoft Download software. Got to 86% and it stopped and started over again. I have downloaded all the other versions of Windows 8.

Hi BillKettering,

1.      Which web browser are you using?

2.      Have you made any changes to the computer?

3.      Are you using a DVD or an ISO image to upgrade?

4.      From which website are you downloading Windows 8 pro?

5.      What the version of Windows installed on the computer

I would also suggest you to perform clean boot and check.

Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps. You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

To set the computer in clean boot, follow the steps from the link: How to perform a clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: make sure you perform “Step 3” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Great upgrade, great deal

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy

Get your hands on Windows 8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/download-shop

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nithyananda,

I finally got it downloaded from Microsoft after I bought their Windows 8 pro upgrade, and it took only 12 hours to download from their website on the second try. The first one got to 86% and stopped and had to be started from the beginning. If I had known that I would have just bought the boxed version and paid a little more. Yes after the download I changed it into an ISO file and then loaded it on a USB thumb drive and loaded it on a new hard drive to my desktop. It was all fast and easy after I got the download, that is way I asked for another site to download from. I guess there could have been a lot of people trying to download at the same time that made it so slow. There has to be a better way than that upgrade assistant to download it. Why can't they just give you a website like they did for the beta releases that were fast and easy to download. Now I wonder if I can load this on my Laptop from the same thumb drive, with another code?

Thanks for your time anyway.

Bill  

Sorry this didn't help.

i have purchased windows 8 download from arvato, and when it is installing to the part where it says moving your settings it stops at 85  %  . i have tryed twice and wont go any further then that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,814 Applies to: