Windows 8 no longer activated?

I bought a laptop about a year ago and I was offered a $15 upgrade to windows 8 pro when it came out. After it came out, I got a confirmation email with the activation code and everything, and I dl'ed and installed windows 8 pro with no problems. However today a notification popped up and wanted me to activate my windows 8 again, but it has been fine for almost a year now. I haven't done anything drastic to my computer, no hardware changes, no major software changes except the regular windows updates. I'm not sure what happened, and when I tried to activate again using the same code, it simply says the code has exceeded its unlock limits and that it's being used by another pc? This is the only computer I've used and I have not tried to use the key on any other pc.

Oh, one thing that's different is that I'm currently in China for a month, but I don't see how or why that would affect my windows 8 activation.

Thanks in advance!
Answer
Answer

1. Press Windows key + X then clickRun, then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2018 Views 465 Applies to: