Want to change windows 8 to windows 7

I bought a new laptop with  windows 8 pre-installed. I hate it so much that I want to get rid of it and install windows 7. As for me it is impossible even to imagine how people would want to buy it. I want: 1)My money back or 2) Windows 7. My laptop is Lenovo Z580. 8gb Ram, 2.3 Ghz core etc. I can not normally play old games like GTA 2, it lags. Your OS is not an advantage it's punishment. 
you can get the full licensed version of w7 and install it

but as for the game i like to have a choice to play the games the old way and also which is my favorite freecell will have a # and i do keep track of the games that have a dealt hand  and since this new w8 game is not pleasing to me not being able to track freecell games # and i would like to have that option to play the new version or have the old version

be nice if Microsoft would offer a downgrade version like you get an upgrade if you wanted a newer OS  without having to pay for the full licensed version of the downgrade

paying for the full downgrade is like paying plus on the OS version already have on it

i will give an example that would be nice to have this option:

if you have and older version of windows and want to upgrade and  your options are :
    upgrade licensed version
    Full licensed version

if you have a OS that you do not want and want to downgrade and your options are:
    downgrade licensed version
    Full licensed version

and the downgrade will be available for a limited time like maybe a 1 year or 2 after the introduction of the new OS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Unless the laptop was supplied with Windows 8 Pro, you do not get downgrade rights from Microsoft.

GTA II is deemed compatible.. see here..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Grand%20Theft%20Auto%3A%20San%20Andreas&vendor=Take-Two%20Interactive&Locale=1033&ModelOrVersion=2&BreadCrumbPath=GTA%20II&Type=Software&tempOsid=win8

.. but the video element of your laptop may not be able to cope with all detail. On the right machine, it is probably better.

You can buy Windows 7 and install it yourself or take the computer back to where it was purchased and ask for your money back..

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This applies to Windows 8 as much as it did to Windows 7..

Direct X 9.0.. you need it to run the GTA game..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/gta-san-andreas-need-directx-version-90/23b37e41-fb5c-49ad-88d5-013bb052a8e9

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i was suggesting a downgrade licensing for marketing and rather for people getting the full version which cost more and like you buy the upgrade for $$$ version when you can pay about or the same as the downgrade and it will recognize the windows version just like the upgrade does and which you already have the Windows OS version and you can install the downgrade licensing and for the new pc. when people shop for newer pcs and they are not getting any options when the introduction of w8 is around and for some they do not want to get a W8 instead they cant get the W7 by choice unless which few stores will have and hardly a discount for that w7 pc on the shelf too long and its not a good choice getting a displays which people are wary getting those

so my suggestion for the W7 or vista downgrade licensed version will give people an option to chose other than W8 if they do not want it and also if they want to go back to W8 they can use their restore disc which is their option

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft's downgrade rights only apply to new PC's pre-installed with Windows 8 PRO which tends to be installed on higher priced machines.

In a major computer store where I live, pre-installed Windows 7 machines were easily outselling anything with Windows 8. Very soon, the only option to get Windows 7 will be to look at business computer ranges from the OEM manufacturers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the business sector will order those rather in stores and for some they will have their tech guy handle that and if they do get from the store they will put what ever they are using instead of w8 which they will rid of it .. for example Dell is a widely used in businesses and they will get much of that from dell to their specs

but i meant for the consumer side some do not want w8 at all and their only choice to spend $$ to get the full version and install it

yet but i have checked for pcs online and what i been seeing for those that are w7 were leased and refurbished and i seeing too much of those and also pricy w8 pcs like you stated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

give me thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

give me thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2018 Views 3,430 Applies to: