Transferring activated Windows 8 pro upgrade to another PC (but will be only active on one PC)

I have recently bought and installed Windows 8 Pro (32) upgrade on my PC, now I must get a new CPU and have decided to get the Windows 8 Pro (64) upgrade. So I want to install my 32 version on my daughter's PC. My question is, how will Microsoft know that I have transferred it to another PC and am not using that key any more on my own PC? Will there be a problem activating it or must I call support for this?
 I have not yet downloaded the 64 version yet, as I must get the CPU and reinstall my Windows 7 first.
Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,034 Applies to:
Answer

When you transfer the license to your daughters computer, you will need to reactivate the license by telephone.

1. Press Windows key + X then clickRun, then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

-----------------

Please note, 1 license, 1 computer.

So, remember if you transfer the 32 bit version to Windows 8 Pro to your daughters PC doesn't mean you have the right to use the same key to install the 64 bit Windows 8 Pro on your computer. You will need to purchase an additional key:

How to purchase additional keys:

Press Windows key + X

Click System

Click View details in Windows Activation

Click the link: Buy Windows for another computer

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.