Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch

Originele Titel : RUNTIME ERROR 13 TYPE MISMATCH HASP

I have been using EXCUS ELECTRONIC LIBRARY OF CUSTOMS AND EXCISE CASE LAWS by Centax Publications Pvt. Ltd., <Removed>.  This Electronic Library is provided by the Service Provider in two CDs with Security Lock (Dongle) of SAFENET.  This E. Library was working properly in all the previous versions of Windows i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.  Recently, I have purchased HP Notebook having pre-loaded Windows 8.  When I installed the aforesaid E.Library, it shows "Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch" and does not work inspite of my best efforts.  I also approached Centax Publications for solutions, however, inspite of umpteen efforts, all their efforts ended in fiasco.  Kindly help me to solve this problem as professionally, I am incurring heavy losses due to non working of E.Library.

Thanks,
Satish Chander Sharma
<Removed>

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2019 Views 16,217 Applies to:

Hi Satish,

Thanks for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

What is a runtime error?

A runtime error is a software or hardware problem that prevents a program from working correctly. Runtime errors might cause you to lose information in the file you're working on, cause errors in the file (corrupt the file) so you can't work with it, or prevent you from using a feature. Unlike stop errors, runtime errors don't typically cause Windows or a program to stop working.

Runtime errors can occur if you are running two software programs that aren't compatible, if your computer has memory problems, or if the computer has been infected with malicious software

Method 1: Perform Clean Boot.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

“How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8”

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Reset the computer to start as usual.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a)     Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b)    In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c)     On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d)    When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

Method 2: I would suggest to Uninstall and re-install the Electronic Library Program, if the program is not compatible with Windows8, try installing in compatibility mode

“Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Method 3: Run Online Scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner).

A fast way to check for viruses is to use an online scanner, such as the Microsoft Safety Scanner. The scanner is a free online service that helps you identify and remove viruses, clean up your hard disk, and generally improve your computer's performance.

To run the Microsoft Safety Scanner:

a. Go to the Microsoft Safety Scanner webpage to download the scanner.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

b. Click Download Now, and then follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the information helps. If you need further assistance, please reply. We will be happy to help you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried all the aforesaid solutions, however, Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch is still there.  Excus E. Library was very much compatible with earlier Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows XP.  I fail to understand as to why it is not working on Windows 8.  Kindly help me in solving the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Program
ExCus is incompatible.
Detected
Fix application ExCus
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Program
Detected
ExCus is incompatible.
Fix application ExCus
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
Compatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied:
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
User verification: Fix didn't work
Detection details
Collection information
Computer Name: SATISH
Windows Version:
Architecture:
x64
Time:
Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:30:46 PM
Publisher details

Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Program
ExCus is incompatible.
Detected
Fix application ExCus
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Program
Detected
ExCus is incompatible.
Fix application ExCus
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
Compatibility Mode

Compabitiliy

There is a compatibility problem in windows 8 wherein programme version is 1.5 whereas previous version is 1.0.  Kindly provide me technical support to solve this problem.

Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Windows
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation

Sorry this didn't help.

Compabitiliy modes applied:
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
User verification: Fix didn't work

Ask if this is about a .NET problem.   If so, you may have to install  .NET 3.5  and then try that again.

Otherwise if you have the appropriate level of CPU you could try using Hyper-V to run XPsp3

In any case, you could install a Virtual Machine host, such as Oracle's VirtualBox (but not Microsoft's Virtual PC) and use it to run XPsp3 as a VM.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Sorry this didn't help.

Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch problem could not be solved inspite of making aforesaid items.  Third Party Software developer SAFENET provided some solution but even then this problem could not be sorted out.  Can Microsoft provide "REMOTE ASSISTANT" to sort out my problem.  I shall be highly thankful for the assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft should immediately provide patch for Windows 8 users so that they can use applications/software which are fully compatible with older versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 otherwise Windows 8 may prove to be totally failure inspite of certain positive applications provided by Microsoft in their latest versions.  Users are suffering a lot professionally due to Windows 8.

Sorry this didn't help.

The following error has been found on my computer in respect of EXCUS E.Library

Fault bucket type 0&#000d&#000a; Event Name : BEX

Can anybody help me in solving this puzzle as to why EXCUS E.Library which was fully compatible with older version of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 is showing Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch.  I am really fed up with the worst experience of Windows 8.  I am not getting any assistant either from HP or from Microsoft.  Third Party Vendor has provided me some technical assistance but even that is not found to be working with Windows 8.  I humbly request Microsoft and HP people, kindly help in resolving this problem at the earliest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Satish,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The program is not compatible with Windows 8 operating system. In scenarios like these, the program manufacturer will have to release a patch or update for it to work on windows 8 operating system.

If you have any further issues on the computer, please post your question regarding Windows and we will be happy to help you.

Rohit S

Sorry this didn't help.

The following error has been found on my computer in respect of EXCUS E.Library

Fault bucket type 0&#000d&#000a; Event Name : BEX

Have you made the manufacturer aware of that symptom?   It could explain your other one.   It probably means a buffer overrun is being detected which might have been ignored previously, especially if you were disabling DEP for this program.

Sorry this didn't help.