Issues on Windows 8 trial version

Know how to get into newer Outlook had it as a trial period when I brought my new HP Windows 8 in January the tile was already on the Desktop Tile version but once trial had finished off went the tile, no word of it being a trial of Outlook, was told it was stated "it was on the box, computer came in" alas I didn't notice this, anyway as I have a Hotmail a/c and as Bigpond is putting it's established  email customers over onto Outlook (new customers go straight into the new Outlook it is a much cleaner looking site and is really good) as my name starts with B wondering if it is because of this that if I go into Desktop version on my computer I can now click on my Hotmail sign in page and it takes me to the new Outlook so guess I have been changed over to use it if I choose which I will as the new Outlook has all the functions I want easier to save attachments, copies of sent and inbox emails easier to store in "My Documents" as it was in my older versions on my XP computer so I'm delighted to now have it back again on my l/top and desk computer.  The only problem is I don't know how to get the tile on the Windows 8 screen would be grateful for any info on how to do noticed one of the comments said to load wlmail.exe but I'm not sure what this means or initials?

Robyn B from Sth Coast 

Answer
Answer

Some manufacturers will bundle a trial version of Microsoft Office with a new computer which includes a trial version of Outlook. Normally works for 60 days after which you will have to buy a license (product key) to continue using it.

Get Key;

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/redir/XT101874326.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA101847520

wlmail.exe or Windows Live Mail is a free alternative Microsoft Outlook. It works similarly and has facilities for contact management, basic calendaring.

You won't find some functionality like Exchange Server support which businesses use for email, Task Management and the Group Collaboration which sets Outlook apart.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 135 Applies to: