install windows 8 pro from the "trial" version

Trying to install windows 8 pro from the "trial" version which now restarts every two hours. Unfortunately the install only gets to 35% in two hours. I don't mind waiting, but how do you stop the re-start every two hours? Is there an other solution? I am on broadband, wired, speed 9M down, 1M up, and I've stopped Skype (this increased the % from 17 to 35).
Answer
Answer
Trying to install windows 8 pro from the "trial" version which now restarts every two hours. Unfortunately the install only gets to 35% in two hours. I don't mind waiting, but how do you stop the re-start every two hours? Is there an other solution? I am on broadband, wired, speed 9M down, 1M up, and I've stopped Skype (this increased the % from 17 to 35).

In order to install Windows 8 Pro upgrade, you will first need to reinstall your original version of Windows that was running on your computer prior to installing the Windows 8 Release Preview. Whether that is (Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7). After installing it, you can then do an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro. The Windows 8 Release Preview does not support upgrades to Windows 8 Pro.

Reinstall Windows XP:

Install,reinstall, or uninstall Windows - Help & How-to ...

Reinstall Windows Vista: Installing and reinstalling Windows Vista

Reinstall Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

Learn more:

http://techingiteasy.wordpress.com/2012/12/28/how-to-migrate-from-windows-8-preview-releases-default-installation/

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2020 Views 6,310 Applies to: