How to Get Windows 8 product key in preloaded Windows 8 OEM

Hi Guys

I had issue with my Windows 8..As we know we can find product key win 7 by clicking computer properties and for win xp we can find it in i386 folder,,But where i can find my windows 8 product key in preloded OEM,This OS was from lenovo,,I checked in system properties the whole product is not showing,its looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-48796,,I called to Microsoft support and they said we are not providing ,I called to Lenovo Guys they said checked with Microsoft,My OS is genuine .confuse whats going on ?

Thanks in advance,,Kindly Suggest
Answer
Answer

With Windows 8, Microsoft has changed from stickers that have the product key that the user has to type in when installing the operating system to new BIOS embedded product keys. The idea is that by eliminating the sticker, you eliminate one of the easier ways for nefarious users to get a legitimate product key. Eliminating the product key sticker also removes any worry that the sticker might get damaged while at the same time eliminating the long and irritating process of typing in various letters and numbers when installing the operating system.

If the user has to reinstall the operating system on a machine that came with Windows 8, the installation process automatically grabs the software product key from the motherboard BIOS with no input from the user. This means that those familiar Windows product key stickers will no longer appear on the Windows 8 computers.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 30, 2020 Views 68,272 Applies to: