Question

Q: Error message 0xC190010-0x30018 unsble to upgrade to Windows 8.1 This thread is locked from future replies

I have tried to update to windows 8.1 and after failure to do it I got this message code error : 0xC190010-0x30018. Any idea ?

Hi Dan,

Is the error code 0xC1900101-0x30018 or 0xC190010-0x30018?

If the error code is 0xC1900101-0x30018, then you need to make sure all the drivers which are installed on the computer are up to date. Then go ahead and perform a Windows 8.1 upgrade and check if it gets updated.

a. Press Windows + R.

b. In the run prompt type Control panel.

c. Click on System and security.

d. Click on Windows update.

e. Click on change settings.

f. Under Impotent updates make sure you have selected "Install updates automatically (recommended) is selected.

g. Click on OK.

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your recommendation sounds so simple. Unfortunately for me and hundreds of other people it does not work. In my case all Windows updates have been installed. Update Assistant tells me all is good to go. And yet, I still get the error.

I know that other people have removed hardware and uninstalled software in order to get the Windows to update. However, it all seems very random and I refuse to dismantle my computer just to upgrade to this dodgy release.

Why can't the system let us know exactly what is causing the failure? Why does it have to be so hit and miss? Why do I have to have a computer science degree in order to upgrade to 8.1?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried for the fourth time to install the update. This time I did a clean boot. It made no difference.

The installation and setup went through without a hitch. But when the system tried to restart, the system crashed and eventually gave me the same error message.

Any ideas Microsoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2704 Last updated: December 25, 2017 Applies to: