Does the Windows 8 License Upgrade include 5 license per year?

I purchased the Windows 8 upgrade today for the 39.99 special. I read somewhere that the upgrade would include 5 license upgrades per year. Does this mean that I can transfer the license and upgrade Windows on other computers in my house? If so how do I go about this? Thanks ahead of time for any info on the subject.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 458 Applies to:
Hello DaveHorn_118,

I believe you misread the information about the Windows 8 upgrade.
When you upgrade to Windows 8, it is only for one license for one system.

This information may be what you read from the Windows Update Offer FAQs:

Is there a limit to the number of promotions that I can register for?
The promotional price is limited to one upgrade offer per eligible PC purchased and a maximum limit of five upgrade offers per customer.

Upgrade Software

Each upgrade license will apply to only one PC and may only be installed on PCs with a valid base license to a qualifying operating system (i.e., Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7).

While the offer will be limited to eligible customers who purchase a qualified PC, the upgrade may be installed on any compatible Windows-based PC with a qualifying operating system (see Windows 8 System Requirements). Customers should visit their PC manufacturer’s website for more information about how to upgrade their PC to Windows 8, including updated software and drivers.

Let us know if this helped to answer your question.

Marilyn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.