Can I revert Windows 8 Pro back to Windows 8 Single Language Pack?

I have purchased an Asus Vivobook X202E laptop last month and it has a pre-installed Windows 8 Single Language pack. I have activated the product on its website and the operating system has been activated as well. Then I added new features to it by typing in a Windows 8 Pro product key which has been bought online several months ago. However, the Windows 8 Pro now installed on this laptop is unable to be activated because I have already activated the product key in a different laptop. I only knew that the copy I have bought online is only available to a single user when I asked for help from a Microsoft assistant, after installing Windows 8 Pro in here. Now, I want to revert it back to the activated Windows 8 Single Language Pack because I always get the "Activate Windows" notice every time I turn on my laptop and it's kind of bugging me. 

You will have to recovery partition that came with your system to reinstall Windows 8:

New computers that come preinstalled with Windows 7 often have what is called a recovery partition. This is used to reinstall the operating system in the event of a system crash. To access it, you will need to boot into when you start your computer by pressing a function key. This can be either F1, F2, F9, F10, F11, F12 or even DEL or Tab key. Consult the owners manual that came with your PC for instructions about how to reinstall Windows.

This is how the recovery partition is accessed for the most popular makes..

For Asus, press F9 as soon as you see the Asus logo.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I followed your instruction on pressing F9 when I saw the Asus logo. It didn't work, though. Is this just the same with resetting my laptop to its factory settings? I went to Change PC Settings and under General there is an option of removing and reinstalling Windows. Should I do that?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have purchased an Asus Vivobook X202E laptop last month and it has a pre-installed Windows 8 Single Language pack. I have activated the product on its website and the operating system has been activated as well. Then I added new features to it by typing in a Windows 8 Pro product key which has been bought online several months ago. However, the Windows 8 Pro now installed on this laptop is unable to be activated because I have already activated the product key in a different laptop. I only knew that the copy I have bought online is only available to a single user when I asked for help from a Microsoft assistant, after installing Windows 8 Pro in here. Now, I want to revert it back to the activated Windows 8 Single Language Pack because I always get the "Activate Windows" notice every time I turn on my laptop and it's kind of bugging me. 

Sorry this didn't help.

anyone have the solution?? plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :(

Sorry this didn't help.

You can go to windows charms -> settings -> change pc settings -> general -> remove everything and reinstall windows.
this resets your pc to its factory settings.
hope this helps.
note: this removes all your files, installed programs and you might like to create a backup of your files

Sorry this didn't help.

what about imp files?
MS :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

what about imp files?

what do you mean by imp files?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2020 Views 1,588 Applies to: