your own software doesn't even run on windows 8

Your own stuff doesn't even run on Windows 8 and yet you put it on my PC/tablet and do not let me uninstall and install 7 without making me purchase it.   
At least let me downgrade for free!!!!
  What are the Movie Maker system requirements?

Movie Maker has the following system requirements:

• Operating system:

• Movie Maker 2011: Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-bit or 64-bit versions) or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit versions)

• Movie Maker 2012: Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit versions)

To burn a movie directly to a DVD using Movie Maker, Windows DVD Maker must be installed on your computer. Windows DVD Maker is included in the following operating systems:

Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate

To record video from a webcam, Movie Maker must be running on Windows 7.

The types of video and audio files you can use in Movie Maker depend on which version and edition of Windows that your computer is running. For more information, see What kind of files can I use in Movie Maker?

• Memory: 1 GB of RAM (2 GB of RAM or higher is recommended when editing HD (high-definition) video)

• Processor: 2.4 GHz (single processor) or higher (a dual-core processor or higher is recommended when editing HD video)

• Internet browser: Internet Explorer 7 (or later), Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 (or later), or Safari 3.1 (or later)

• Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial‑up or broadband Internet access (provided separately). Local or long‑distance charges might apply.

• Graphics or video card:

Video card or video driver that supports Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (or later) and Pixel Shader 2.0 (or later). For DirectX 9 hardware on Windows 7, go to Windows Update.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

You need to use the newest version, Windows Essentials 2012:

http://techingiteasy.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/installing-windows-essentials-2012/

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.