Windows 8 Tiles do not open while playing online game

Original Title: Windows 8 Tiles wont open ( 3rd party app causes )

Dear Windows 8,

I have some problem here...

Was upgrade my windows 8 1 week ago..

and i play some of online games who already have game guard inside ( nprotect gamemon rev 1909 ).. and it makin my tiles wont opened ( force close ).. no all the tiles going forces out.. theres like Mail, People, Messaging is kind of app that keep force close while i opened it,,,,
but store is the save one to opened sometimes..

theres no warning about the force closes..
i already update it all to the newest upgrade of the sftware
i already tre the trouble shooter with Sync the app also change the game it self for windows 7 compatible..
already make my screen resolution is at least 1024x768

but it just the same.. all the tiles i mention is forces out without a warning.. just close after 2 or 3 seconds opened...

i asked my friend before.. he said theres no trouble with his game also windows 8.. so here im the one who have the troubles.. the problem is when i playing the game.. but fixed when i closed the game... but i want to play also have fun with windows 8 in same time

how to fix it? i dont want to delete the game either.. please help :(
Answer
Answer

Hi Zacharias,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with this issue.

I see that you are unable to use the Windows 8 Apps like Mail, People, and Message. The Apps open and then close without giving any error. I appreciate the efforts which you have put to resolve the issue.

We require some more information to assist further.

1) Do you face this issue only when you play online games which have game guard inside?
2) Which browser do you use to play the online games?
3) If it is Internet Explorer then which version do you use? Is it Desktop version or Modern version?

4) Which troubleshooter did you try?

You could face this issue due to many reasons. There is a possibility that there is a conflict between third party software installed on your computer. Follow the troubleshooting methods given here.

Method 1:

Step1: Disable antivirus software or any security software installed on your computer temporarily.

Warning: Security software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: For the App Windows Store you can follow this method.

Each time you access a file through your web browser, the browser caches (i.e., stores) it. By doing this, the browser doesn't have to newly retrieve files (including any images) from the remote web site each time you click Back or Forward. You should periodically clear the cache to allow your browser to function more efficiently.

Please follow the steps given below.

a) Press "Windows+R" key on the keyboard to open Run window.
b) In the Run window type "wsreset.exe" and then click ok it will clear all the cache in Windows store

Method 2:Place the computer in clean boot and check for the issue.

Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps. You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after

troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Feel free to write to us if you still face the issue with the Apps. We will be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 375 Applies to: