Some Windows 8 apps not working. Store works though.

Apps just crash at splash screen.

Apps used to work until I shared the C:\ drive.

I've refreshed my PC but this happened again.

My screen resolution is 1366 by 768.

I've done the MS FixIT/app checker scans and all my drivers are up to date.

When I open the camera app, it says that "the camera app cant be used with this version of windows".

What can I do to reverse this.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 260 Applies to:

Hi,

Are you referring to network sharing or user sharing?

This issue might occur due to system files are corrupted or settings.

Try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to remove the sharing option and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the apps and check.

What to do if you have problems with an app: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All my Metro apps weren't working properly, even Mail-Calendar-Messaging-People. All

Metro apps just crashed at the splash screen and went back to the start screen.

I decided to play around with folder permissions.

I went into the C:\Program Files folder (the one with "WindowsApps" in it), and in the permissions, set "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" to FULL CONTROL.

I then reinstalled the metro apps. Thankfully 80% of the metro apps work now. These include; Mail-Calendar-Messaging-People, Xbox Smartglass, SkyDrive, OneNote MX, etc.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

BUT

There are still some Metro apps that don't work.

Weather, finance and Music Maker Jam (just to name a few), are still not working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The folder is still shared but these main metro apps work now. Since only some of the apps are affected, I don't thing sharing is causing the problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank for reverting back and letting us know the status of the issue.

What happens when you access the Weather apps, are you getting any error message?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I opened the app. The splash screen appeared and so did the spinny loading circle.

Aaaaaannnddd... it's been stuck like that for the last 5-6 minutes.

When I open Music Maker Jam, it does the same thing, but it only stays stuck for 3 seconds, then it goes back to the start screen.

I wish there was a PC companion (diagnostics) app for windows phone, which let you see what's  happening to your PC in the background. For example, when your PC is running slow because homegroup is sharing files, or there's a virus scan running in the background, the app will let you know about it. Sort of like a task manager, but it's more informative than the task manager.

Sorry this didn't help.

I went into the C:\Program Files folder (the one with "WindowsApps" in it), and in the permissions, set "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" to FULL CONTROL.

BUT

There are still some Metro apps that don't work.

Weather, finance and Music Maker Jam (just to name a few), are still not working.

My hero ... Thanks PSRBF6    !!!

I think maybe my install matches yours.. I just quickly repined and MAPS & Camera ... both asked me for permissions to do something.. and work now again.     The update the other day seemed to break lots of things.    I did a refresh finally thinking .. that'll fix it rather than messing around..    2 hrs of effort maybe ... exact same...   Until your tinkering,... Thanks !

I further gave same name permissions to "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Packages" & to the IE Temp File cache and got graphics finally back into weather and everything else that was missing the splash graphic..  Had event error tip me saying something about RPC error pointing to IE cache.....   

Everything I try seems to work now..  I ran app trouble shooter and it said Protected Audio was disabled for tiles and intel graphics card HD3000 audio,   but had a kb.. so followed those instructions for a registry look and 2 stop / start commands.   All seems cool so far on all I try.   Seems Lenovo or the supplied Intel driver isn't WHQL ?  strange as that seems and WHQL is required in tiles for DRM.audio... have a feeling that's a Microsoft error in reading the intel drivers.

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Sorry this didn't help.