Registry settings for the Windows 8 x86 Camera App

I can't get Windows 8 x86 camera app to work on tablets when users can't access their network home folder and their pictures folder. These folders have been set to a network share using the "Folder Redirection" -group policy and this will not change. So my question is this: How do I change the settings of the camera app so that it works when the tablets are not connected to network.

Also, if you have "Windows Components/Windows Explorer/Turn off Windows Libraries features that rely on indexed file data"-setting enabled, how do you access the libraries settings? What is the .msc for it?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,344 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi, Lauri,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with this issue.

As per the issue description you would like to make changes to Camera App setting so that you could use it with tablets when tablet is not connected to network.

I am afraid to inform you that it is not possible to make changes to Camera App to use it with tablets
which is not on a network.

You can use your favourite search engine and get a sulution oor alternative online.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Feel free to write to us if you have any other issue related to Camera App. We will be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.