Program Programs Compatibility Application Applications opening Kindle

I cm currently using windows 8 on by computer.  The Kindle app will not open.  The message instructs me to close the program and reconnect to the internet.  I have tested it with the program compatibility software but that doesn't work either.  Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
|
Answer
Answer
Hi Rev. Andre'aThomas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

From your issue description I understand that you are unable to open Kindle app.

Let’s start with some questions.
1. Are you facing the issue with other apps also?
2. Are you using any proxy connection for connecting to internet?
3. What is the security software installed on the computer?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Here are few steps which you can try for resolving the issue like app troubleshooter, sync license, etc.

These steps I have described in the following methods.

Method 1:

You may refer to the link to download and run the app troubleshooter on the computer which checks for any issues with the Windows apps on the computer:

Run the App Troubleshooter

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2: I want you follow the link and instructions mentioned in the link.

Please go through the following link for troubleshooting further if the troubleshooter does not help:

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Method 3:

If you have enabled any proxy connection on the computer, I would suggest you to disable it and check if it helps.

You may follow the steps to do so:

a) Open Internet Explorer on the desktop.
b) Click on
Tools icon option on the top right corner.
c) Select
Internet Option from the list.
d) Click on
Connection tab.
e) Click on
LAN Settings.
f) Uncheck the box which says “
Use a Proxy Server for your LAN".
g) Click on
OK.

Method 4: : I suggest you to disable Third party antivirus installed on the computer and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists then I suggest you contact Kindle support for further assistance.

Refer to the link and check

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/kindle/1d7e4396-0143-4aed-8892-84eb75e799f3

Hope the above information helps.

Do get back to us and let us know the status of the issue or if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2020 Views 66 Applies to: