I can't see Live Tile notification (Twitter notification) on the People app Tile.

Hello all,

Since my first installation of Windows 8 on my computer, I can't see Live Tile notification (Twitter notification) on the People app Tile.

I'm sad to not found help here or somewhere but well...

Today I tried to add my Twitter account in my Windows 8 People app at work and then I pinned to start a Twitter contact and... I could see (for the pinned contact, the latest tweet on the Tile -> Changing between pictures to last tweet and so on...)

If I right click on the pinned contact I've the option to turn the live tile off.

But when I try to do the same at home, I don't have the option to turn the live tile off on a pinned twitter contact... ?

I'm sad, the same app doesn't work the same way on different computer, most of post here are not resolved, there is no way to send a log file for the application to dev., ...

It's like a treasure hunt!

If you're lucky you'll be happy but if luck is not on your side you'll cry alone.

Btw, I tried apps.diagcab, uninstall - reinstall, remove account, add account,... Trust me I think I tried them all.

Thx.
Answer
Answer

I've been working with Fabrice for some time now on this via Twitter. We've gone over the settings and attempted multiple resolutions. It's as if Win8 doesn't recognize the Twitter Contacts as Twitter Contacts but some other kind. Out-of-the-box with a Twitter Contact, I'm not able to replicate this issue. If I use a Hotmail contact though, I can replicate it.

Fabrice,

I'd like to try one more time, if you're willing. I'd like to basically do a reset and start things from a relative scratch. I believe we need to force Win8 to recognize these as Twitter Contacts on first sync when it's adding your Twitter contacts to the People App, if that makes sense.

I'd like you to try these steps:

1. Unlink your Twitter Account from your Microsoft Account. You can do this from your Microsoft Account > Options > More Options > Manage your accounts. Should be a link near the bottom to remove the account.

2. Perform a System Refresh to get back to a clean state, pre-sync. Settings Charm > Change PC Settings > General > Refresh your PC.

3. Log in to Win8 with your Microsoft Account.

4. Go back to your Microsoft Account and re-add your Twitter Account to it. It will take a few moments to sync.

5. Go to your People App and find a Twitter Contact once it has synced and imported them. Pin it to Start, and test if it will allow you to turn off Live Tiles.

If this does not work, I'll likely have to put you in touch with Tech Support to see if there is something I have missed in my testing with you.

Feel free to respond back to @WindowsSupport via Twitter for the quickest response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2019 Views 5,003 Applies to: