i am unable to run silverlight application on windows 8 IE apps, it is not even allowing silverlight plug-in to install, what could be the reason?

i am unable to run silverlight application on windows 8 IE apps, it is not even allowing silverlight plug-in to install, what could be the reason?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 297 Applies to:

If your install of Silverlight is a plug-in it will not install in IE10 Modern, but will install in the IE10 Desktop. This is because IE10 Modern doesn't allow any plug-ins by design. Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help.

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily  reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Thanks,

I have been having a issue with this since I purchased this computer 2 years ago. The IE on the desktop worked and my ie app if you want to call it that off the desktop would not load Silverlight when I needed it.

I somehow, deleted the desktop shortcut a few months ago and have been bamboozled. When I came across this thread and feedback I was uncertain what it all meant until I  downloaded a shortcut back to the desktop. The desktop version works with the add on and wanted to make it known to the community.

Many thanks to all that share here, some work some don't but we try and this was a success story.

Peace

H

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.