How to screen capture or record a video/desktop on Windows 8?

Okay, this is really a complex question, yes it is. There is a program or an application(with an extension .exe) which is password protected and when I enter the password , it gets redirected to a media player where it plays a video closing all the other open applications(even if the window is closed and they are open in right corner of task bar) like Google Chrome, Screen Recorders,Windows Explorer etc . I've tried a lot of applications like ZD Screen Recorder, Camtasia , Camstudio, Bandicam etc. to record the videos/capture the screen. But however, the program or application(I am here referring to the application/program which redirects to the video/plays a media file after entering a password) when started closes all the background applications except applications like Bit-torrent,utorrent and Skype. I've tried looking for solutions on several video sharing sites and none of them worked. I don't want that software/application to close the other applications after running. I don't know the way it got permissions for all that. I need some software which will record the screen in background. I am in the process of making a tutorial and the video in that application/program file is an important part of it.

I am running a Windows 8 PC(X64) with Dual Core- 2GB RAM and 500 GB HDD

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2019 Views 10,714 Applies to:

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

As per the description, you would like to have the details of the screen recorder applications that can be used in Windows 8 to record videos of the activities performed on the computer for teaching purpose. I can definitely help you with this.

In Windows 8, we have an inbuilt application named as “Steps Recorder” which can automatically capture the steps you take on the computer. It also creates a text description of where you clicked and the screen shot during each click. This application was also available in the Windows 7. You can have more information from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/How-do-I-use-Problem-Steps-Recorder

Note: This is also applicable to Windows 8

In Windows 8, to launch this application, you just need to type “Step” from the Start Screen and you will be able to find the “Steps Recorder” on the left pane of the window.

Note: You will not be able to create short videos of the screen recording using this application. 

If you are looking for an application which can record the screen activity on the computer and create short videos, then you can search for such an app in the Windows Store.

In order to search for an app from the Windows Store, follow these steps.

a)       Open the “Store” app from the Start Screen.

b)       Press “Windows Logo” + “C” keys on the keyboard to show the charms bar.

c)       Click on “Search” from the charms bar.

d)       Type “Screen recorder” in the search bar and search for a suitable app.

e)       You will be able to find the search result on the right pane of the window and you can select a suitable app as according to your needs.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Steps recorder does not record videos it only take snapshots. An unhelpful answer. I need a screen video recorder not snapshots.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest to try D3DGear game recording software, it records desktop in background and may work for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ramsridharsharma,
It would be cool if you could mention what recording software have you tried. I use Mirillis Action screen recorder - maybe it will work for you?
Have you tried to reinstall the software that causes closing other applications? 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried many different screen capture tool, like Camtasia, Bandicam, Joyoshare Video Recorder etc.  Finally I chose Bandicam cracked version for use because it's more professional to record game. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I always create screencast with a web-based software calls Acethinker Screen Recorder, free and works fairly well. It is an online tool that lets you record your screen right from the browser. Hope it helps you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.