How-to: Remove news SOURCE from BING NEWS

(I apologize in advance for the tension in my question - this is becoming quite a problem and every response from MS I have read on this issue has evaded the question or responded to a totally different issue than the question asked. I understand and appreciate the frustration of previous questioners, as I am feeling a great deal of it myself right now! -PH)

I want - very, very much - to remove an unreliable news outlet from the list of SOURCES on Bing News.

I don't want to remove the News SECTION.

I want to remove - and since others have tried and failed to do this for months - I will try to make this VERY clear: I want to remove a news SOURCE.

News Sources can include (for example):
AP News
ABC News
FOX News
... and so on

Much as I like the Bing News App, until I can REMOVE a particular source's (or set of sources') influence, I won't use it. I am a professional historian and statistician as well as a nearly 40-year computer user / programmer (yes, I grew up on punch cards and tape) - not to mention someone who just avidly enjoys computing and the internet. I know what sources I want / need, and am pretty familiar with programming buggy problems out of what I use... but this one is beyond professional help on my end. And yes. I know *precisely* how to ADD a news SOURCE. I also know how to add/remove a SECTION. I am not asking for assistance on either of those issues.

Please tell me in basic steps how to remove a news SOURCE from BING NEWS. Please? It appears many before me have tried and failed to receive a direct answer on this (yes, I have searched the Community extensively). I would appreciate it if you might even tell me that there is NOT a solution at this time. So much better than having multitudes ask - and then receive frustrating answers that don't relate, or solve problems that don't exist for them. Or me.

Thanks ever so. I truly appreciate it. :)

ProfessionalHistorian

P.S. May I suggest that if this option doesn't exist yet, it might be a really good idea to get on board with offering it? Win8 has caused quite a stock drop, and, while I am a loyal MS user (I *can* use a Mac, but prefer not), there are problems with over-eager Charms and difficult optioning in this iteration that have even me scratching my head.

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2019 Views 3,155 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I was able to remove Fox News from my Bing News App on Windows 8.  Not sure how it happened but one day I noticed at the top right corner of the News App column (next to where it says News Sources) there is a small box with a pencil in it.  I clicked on that and big red x's appeared next to the individual news sources.  Hit the x and say good-bye to Fox News!  Hit the plus below the column and that will allow you to add news apps.  Just so that you know I'm not in the least bit computer savvy.  Not sure why the little box with the pencil magically appeared perhaps an update added it?  Just lucky.  Happy to put Huffington Post there in place of Fox!  Hope this works for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.