How do I save somthing that opens in the Reader app? I also need to be able to create a folder to save it in.

When I open and attachment from an Outlook 2007 email, it opens in the Reader app. 
I have an option to save it in the Documents Folder, but I also need to be able to create a folder within the Documents Folder to save it there. 
I need to open it first to be able to see what it is, so that I know where to save it, of course. 
This is also the case with something I open from on a disk drive. 
In these cases, the items are pdfs. 
Also, what is the fastest way to print from the Reader app? Is it by pressing ctrl +p? 
How is anyone supposed to just "know" that??
Please go ahead an include ways to handle jpgs. 
Please dont tell me that I have to work around this by going to an online version of the program or use the Mail app. I am using Microsoft 2007 Outlook email. 
Also, please dont tell me that it is for my protection from something that could be potentially malicious. 
Thank you.

|

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums.

Good to know that you are using Windows 8.

After opening the pdf file if you wish to save it then you can go ahead and create a folder under documents and save the file under it.

However, you could also choose another location to create a folder and save the file.

Creating a folder under documents or in any location is easy, right click mouse and choose new, and select new folder.

You may refer to this link for more information on reader App:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/reader-faqs

You are right the shortcut key to start a print is ctrl+P; there are other shortcuts for windows 8 which you could try. Refer to this link for more information:

New keyboard shortcuts for Windows 8 and Windows RT

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/new-keyboard-shortcuts#1TC=t1

Hope it helps.

If you have any questions regarding Windows you may always post in Microsoft Community Forums and we will be happy to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 10, 2020 Views 607 Applies to: