Haven't receive Windows 8 Media Center product key

I've purchased and downloaded Windows 8 Pro upgrade and it came with a link to get Windows Media Center free.

I went to the link filled in my email address and it said an email would be sent to me containing a product key.

This was about 6 hours ago and I still don't have a product key email. I've checked my deleted, junk, and other folders and no email has arrived.

I've now tried 3 different email accounts and still no product key.

What's going on?
Answer
Answer

Hi thestonefox,

A recent reply to another thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/i-have-not-received-my-product-key-for-my-windows/ecf1ec5a-231b-42e0-bb88-b2d9f21ad3a2 suggests that one needs to wait at least 24 hours before the key is received.

Remember that Windows 8 has only just been released, so there will be many thousands of people trying to obtain both the software and the free Windows Media center product key.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

John Barnett MVP: Windows XP Associate Expert: Windows Expert - Consumer:  www.winuser.co.uk |  vistasupport.mvps.org | xphelpandsupport.mvps.org | www.silversurfer-guide.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 3,305 Applies to: