Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86) and (x64) on Windows 8 error: "Command line option syntax error. Type command /? for help".

Hi

I can't install Microsoft Visul c++ 2005 redistributable (x64) and (x86) on my windows 8 laptop. This package come with a game, and i can't play it if i don't have this program.

When i trying to install this package, i receive an error mesage. It says "Command line option syntax error. Type command /? for help".

My computer have 64 bit operating system

I tried everything! Please help me.

PD: Sorry, my english isn't perfect, but i can understand it anyway.

Thanks!
|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing in Microsoft Communities.

Based on the issue description, it appears that you’re getting an error "Command line option syntax” while installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.

IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2005 or Visual Studio 2005, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.

Please go ahead and follow the methods mentioned and later update us on the status of the issue.

Method 1: Install the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++

To check the latest supported versions of Visual C++

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 2: If the issue persists then set your computer in Clean Boot state and then try to install.

By setting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista, 7 or in Windows 8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow Step 3 in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Please perform these recommended steps and post back if you are still experiencing the issue.

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 30, 2021 Views 17,507 Applies to: