adobe Bridge CS6 will not open in windows 8

• Recently installed Adobe Photoshop CS6 on Windows 8 platform. The Photoshop seems to work well, but Adobe Bridge or mini Bridge will not open. Tried an uninstall & reinstall of the Photoshop CS6 software, but still no joy.
  • The Adobe Bridge CS6 seems to be properly downloaded, but Windows 8 seems to be obstructing it from opening. I've spent hours with Adobe tech's on this problem, but they can't find the solution. They were on the path that an app known as SwitchBoard in the task manager is stopped in Windows Firewall. I just turned off the Firewall temporarily and tried to open Adobe Bridge, but the same problem remained. I have noticed others with this same problem. There must not be a very good collaboration effort between Microsoft and Adobe when they come out with new products.
  • Any help or advise would be welcomed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community forum.

Based on the above description, it appears that you’re facing issues on Adobe Bridge CS6.

Before we proceed troubleshooting this issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions.

1.       What exactly happens when you try to open it?

2.       Are you getting any error message?

3.       Do other applications/programs work fine on the computer?

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided and update us on the status of the issue.

Check whether the software is compatible with Windows 8 from the link provided.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home

If the software is not compatible in Windows 8, then I would suggest you to install the software in Windows 8 by choosing the compatibility level:

a.     Run the Program Compatibility Wizard, by pressing Windows key + W and then type Control Panel,

b.     Click Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows.

c.      Follow the instructions in the wizard.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-program-compatibility

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community forum.

Based on the above description, it appears that you’re facing issues on Adobe Bridge CS6.

Before we proceed troubleshooting this issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided and update us on the status of the issue.

Check whether the software is compatible with Windows 8 from the link provided.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home

If the software is not compatible in Windows 8, then I would suggest you to install the software in Windows 8 by choosing the compatibility level:

a.     Run the Program Compatibility Wizard, by pressing Windows key + W and then type Control Panel,

b.     Click Programs, and then clicking Use an older program with this version of Windows.

c.      Follow the instructions in the wizard.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-program-compatibility

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Thank you for responding. I believe that solutions to problems like mine can be solved more easily if there is found a common thread with others who share my unfortunate situation. After looking at various blogs that relate to this problem, I see that users both Windows and Mac that have installed Photoshop CS6 on newer platform versions had previously used Photoshop CS2. It is possible that some part of that CS2 version remains in the platform system, and is obstructing the Adobe Bridge CS6 from opening.

In answer to these questions:

1.      When I click on Adobe Bridge the small wheel turns for a few seconds and stops.

2.      In an attempt to open Mini Bridge the time line opens, and a message of "waiting for bridge to   open"

3.      Everything seems to be working okay otherwise.

Adobe Photoshop CS6 with Adobe Bridge CS6 is compatible with Windows 8

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I'm having the same  problem as   this dude  ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE 6 DESIGN STANDARD   STUDENT AND TEACHER EDITION  64bit  running on windows  8  able to open  up  photo   shop ILLUSTRATOR   but when  go into  file to open   bridge  it  doesn't  open  up on screen remains in the task bar, although  mini bridge is accessible any help  please. Went through this  with the techs at  dell  update our graphics  card and computer  system restored and it worked for a while   but once again Bridge isn't opening. There  must  be some issues here with  windows  8 brand  new  computer,what  up? 

Thank you for your  kind attention. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I'm having the same  problem as   this dude  ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE 6 DESIGN STANDARD   STUDENT AND TEACHER EDITION  64bit  running on windows  8  able to open  up  photo   shop ILLUSTRATOR   but when  go into  file to open   bridge  it  doesn't  open  up on screen remains in the task bar, although  mini bridge is accessible any help  please. Went through this  with the techs at  dell  update our graphics  card and computer  system restored and it worked for a while   but once again Bridge isn't opening. There  must  be some issues here with  windows  8 brand  new  computer,what  up? 

Thank you for your  kind attention. 

I came across the same issue with windows 8.1 64bit.  I followed all the recommendations in the adobe and windows forums to no avail - then I tried running the 32bit version (both get installed) and found that worked - the 64 bit version seems to be the problem (at least for me)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Many thanks, worked straight away

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello this is sunny i was using HP LAPTOP SINCE 4 YEARS with 8.1 windows version i want to install photoshop cs6 version in my lappy but, i cannot do that everytime i install can any one send me the link and moreover whenever i install it its a error msg like( PHOTOSHOP_CS6_13_0_6_UPD.DMG  THE ARCHIVE IS EITHER UNKNOWN FORMAT OR DAMAGED) this was the msg will appear i will open with winrar file  i want to know that is it open with another file can u help me 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2019 Views 3,689 Applies to: