Windows Update Error Code 80240439

When I run Windows Update I keep getting the message"Windows could not search for new updates," Error Code 80240439. I have run "Detect update problems" and it tells me it has found a problem and fixed it bu the problem still persists.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Please answer:

Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

Please follow the below methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Perform clean Boot.

You need to perform a Clean Boot to prevent any conflicting third party applications from interfering with your computer and try to install the updates.

To place the computer in a Clean Boot state, you need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below and check with the issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 3 from the article mentioned above to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the steps.

Method 2: Temporarily Disable the Third Party Security Program.

If you have a third party security program, then I would suggest you to contact the technical support of the Security program and temporarily disable the software.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect the computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable the antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time the antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 3: Troubleshoot problems with installing updates:

Follow the steps in the below link:

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I had the same error, and for me the solution was to disable the g-data firewall/virus-scanner.
After i disabled it, the windows update works. 
software engineer from switzerland...

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 29,537 Applies to: