Windows boot manager not longer appears in bios

Ok, this happened today, after a really strange BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_violation, strange because the pc is power on 24/7 100% stable, the bios on my mainboard (Biostar TZ68k+) started acting weird, that giving out CMOS failed, it hangs when i choose to view boot priority and save settings, a clear cmos did not help, but everything returned to normal after re-flashing the bios.

But now the problem is, i cant boot Windows 8 anymore, as the mainboard is UEFI and the hard disk never had the boot sector or the bcd, it was on the bios as "Windows boot manager" as a boot unit, but now is dissapeared and i have no idea on now bring it back, automatic repair with a repair pendrive fails, i tried the old method on placing the boot sector and bcd on the hard disk with

bootsect.exe /nt60 C: /force

and 

bcdboot.exe C:\Windows /s C:

but it does not work either its just a back screen, that whould have worked with win7, but it does not here.

also tried

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and it says "the requested system device cannot be found"

I dont want to reinstall everything, any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated September 26, 2018 Views 2,483 Applies to:
Did you ever try to install any other unsigned operating system on your laptop? There are reports of laptops that have been bricked I hope that is not the problem. It might be the EFI partition that doesn't have the bootx64.efi file it must be corrupt. This is a very serious issue as this is a new firmware a lot of people are still trying to understand if I were u I wont tamper with anything because if your laptop is not bricked yet and you keep tampering with it. You could brick it. For now I wont give any advice but for you to take it back to the manufacturer or a technician that knows what he is doing. I cant fix it over the internet.
A+ N+

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have done my research and it seems that its the cause of a windows update you should have tried uninstalling the windows update first before flashing the bios.
A+ N+

Sorry this didn't help.

Its a pc.
To me its a very serious issue because Windows 8 almost killed my motherboard, the bios was in a very bad state after the bsod.

It was a uneventfull day, no new programs, drivers or anthing in about 3 months, also i never have other os. And the computer has no stability problems and S.O. had all the updates installed.

It was just a bsod, and "Windows boot manager" dissapeared from the bios, also corrupting it, the bios hanged when tryied to view hard disks, boot prioritys and save bios, after re flashing, it returned to normal.

After the bios returned to normal i attempted to repair the Windows 8 install, using a repair pendrive generated from another pc with windows 8, but automatic repair failed.

I can not use the old MBR method because the partition is GPT, with BCD store being on the MST, but since the UEFI bios not longer has the opcion, i was unable to keep booting the Windows 8 install.

Also tryied the "refresh my pc" and "reset" options on the repair disk, but it did say that the device was locked, but i never wanted to do that, i just wanted to repair boot and BCD store, on the MBR was 2 commands, but no idea on how to do it with GPT and MST.

Sorry this didn't help.

I advice that you take the pc back to the manufacturer so they can figure out the problem. I just hope its not been bricked.

A+ N+

Sorry this didn't help.

Or is the factory reset option working? That could fix it

A+ N+

Sorry this didn't help.

A+ N+

Sorry this didn't help.