Question

Q: Windows 8 won't boot, stuck at blue logo screen. This thread is locked from future replies

P8Z77-V-LK Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 680 4gb dedicated GPU
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz RAM
i7 3770k 3.5ghz Processor
60gb Intel SSD (OS drive)
1TB Western Digital HDD

My brand new computer was working fine for the past week and a half. Today I woke up and was able to access everything just fine. When I returned later in the day, after a normal shutdown from my previous session, I booted and noticed that I was stuck at the blue windows logo with the spinning dots for much longer than usual.
My computer with the SSD boots fully in about 15 seconds, with only maybe 2 seconds at the windows blue logo. 

Now it is on a constant loop on the blue windows screen and will not boot. I also cannot boot from the recovery disc I was given for some reason.
Windows 8 was pre-installed onto my PC by Cyberpowerpc, the company I bought from.

I spent $2300 on this monster of a computer and I need it to work. I can't believe Microsoft would release Windows 8 with this problem, as I see many other people are having this issue.

Also of note: I disabled the hybrid shutdown, hibernation file, and pagefile, if that makes any difference. It didn't seem to before and worked fine for days. Now this has happened so I don't think it's related, but thought I should include it. I am also running McAfee Internet Protection 2013. All of my drivers for all of my hardware was up to date.

Answer

A:

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

First I would suggest you to get in touch with the computer manufacturer if recovery disk is not working.

If you are able to boot from the recovery disk and follow steps and check,

I suggest you to insert the DVD or the recovery disk in the DVD Drive and restart to complete the repairs.

I would suggest you to perform an Automatic Repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.

a)      Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b)      In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c)       Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d)      Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please post. We will be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 38747 Last updated: February 19, 2018 Applies to: