secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help

Hi,

Just wanna know how to fix this problem. My laptop is Asus A55VD

"Secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" and then it say press ok to enter setup....after enter, my brother accidently press to change the boost system and then it appear a lot of word that need CD or whatever. Now i've no idea how to get it fix, not even the setup i can reach.

This Secure boot violation happened after i've upgrading the windows which usually the window update pop up automatically for updating.

There's one important things is i haven't create a recovery disc....

Please help & thks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated July 18, 2019 Views 290,657 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Priscilla,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The issue is you are getting an error “secure boot violation - invalid signature detected”. We need some more information to assist you in a better way.

1.      Do you get any error code along with the error message?

2.      How did you install Windows 8? Was it upgrade or clean install?

3.      When you get a lot of words, is it on a blue screen?

4.      Have you updated chipset and BIOS drivers?

5.      Are you able to boot to the desktop?

6.      Did you try to boot in safe mode? If yes, were you able to boot?

Here is something we may try and check if this helps in resolving the issue with the error secure boot violation - invalid signature detected.

Method 1: Disable security boot

I would also suggest you to disable the secure boot and check. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be any of the function key (eg: F12). Restart the computer; keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu. Disable the secure boot option and check.

Method 2: Disable driver signature enforcement.

Please refer the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Note: Refer Disable driver signature enforcement in the link above.

You may contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance if this doesn’t resolve the issue for changes in BIOS (Basic Input/output system).

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Niyamath H Mohammed
Microsoft Community.

35 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But im still not sure how to fix it.

1. There's no error code. It just a red box pop up when i press the start button & it only got "ok" this option to choose. After i press ok the "Setup page" is the next page instead of windows...

2. Bought a new laptop come with the window......not even 3 days i use it become like that after the update...regret to update it. Dont know this kind of things will happen.

3. Not on blue screen....kind of MS-Dos?...black screen

4. Not sure about it. No idea the upgrade got include updating of this chipset or BIOS or not...

5. Nope....no logo or else...

6. It dont give me boot to windows, safe mode ....

But i'll bring it to the repair shop ask for assistance. Hope it can fix....Just want to know, will it happen again everytime if the windows get update? what if after i format the laptop or get it fix, it appear again each time the window update...

Actually what is this error & how i get it? What the use of this secure boot?...if i off it forever, what the effect? Will the virus or scammer/hacker can get my information?

Thanks

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello :)

I had a similar problem, what I did to fix it was:

1) After pressing "ok to enter setup" go to Boot tab and where it says "Launch CSM" press enter and enable it.

2) On the Security tab, select "Secure Boot Control" (it appears on the buttom) and disable it.

Hope it helps

525 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Brand new gateway, after windows updated itself, it crashed 3 times with blue screen, now when i start the comptuter it those the same thing as you???

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Dude I greatly appreciate this. Was trying to load up my new SSD from disk. All good now! 

1) After pressing "ok to enter setup" go to Boot tab and where it says "Launch CSM" press enter and enable it.

2) On the Security tab, select "Secure Boot Control" (it appears on the buttom) and disable it.

Hope it helps

16 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hope it helps

I found this helpeful as well while converting a Windows 8 machine into an ESXi server for training; thanks.

Jay

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It sure helped me, thanks. I have the ASUS N56DP NoteBook & was running into same problem because I was going from Win8 back to Win7. Your suggestion of 'Disabling' my "Secure Boot Control" which is located in my BIOS under 'Security' Tab. Again, thanks for your input.

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

Today i bought free dos laptop ( MSI GP 60 ) and i was wanna win 8 64 and 32 bit intallieren from usb driver but i have seen alwas this 
secure boot violation - invalid signature detected
but when i make it ;

i seen bios error and restart my laptop

what should i do ? pls help me 

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, this also solved my problem.  Now is this a temporary thing that I can re-enable later or am I forever stuck leaving off secure boot now?  I take my PC security seriously and would like to be as secure as possible.

Thanks,

Damon Achey

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing just happened to me.  I have a Dell Venue 8.1 Pro - windows updates complete, but did a Chipset update and now I'm getting the Secure Booth Violation. I managed to turn it off and reboot the tablet and had to use the BitLocker recovery key.  

I got the tablet restarted after that and re-did the Chipset install to make sure it was successful then went back into the BIOS and enabled the Secure Boot option only to be faced with the same Secure Boot Violation message. Back into the BIOS turned off Secure boot and then was faced with the BitLocker key setup again. 

I tried uninstalling the updates, but that action failed.  Machine said it encountered an error and was unable to restore. That's the second machine I've seen the restore point error in this month.

Sooo, is it a windows update that caused it, or is there something else going on?

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.