"No Boot Device Found, Click Any Key To Reboot Machine." & "Checking Media [Failed]. & ":( Your PC Ran Into A Problem & Needs To Restart." Error Messages Happening Every Hour.

Hello,

I was browsing the web when suddenly an error message came up saying ":( Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart. We're Just Collecting Some Error Info, And Then We'll Restart For You (0% Complete.) If You'd Like To Know More, You Can Search Online Later For This Error. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" then it gave me a black screen, and said "Checking Media [Failed]". It then showed the Dell logo of my computer, (The Usual Start Up Screen), and then the screen disappeared. About 5 seconds later, another black screen (Exactly like the "Checking Media [Failed]" Screen came up saying "No Boot Device Found, Click Any Key To Reboot Machine". I Followed On Screen Directions for about 5 minutes and it kept giving me the same screens over and over again, no change it sight. So I shut off my laptop, waited 30 seconds, turned the computer back on and it gave the "Checking Media [Failed]" Message two times again, it disappeared and the Dell Start Up screen came up again, it let me log in to my computer like normal. This has happened to me twice now and it is extremely frustrating because now I can't be on my computer for more than a half hour at a time without it doing this again. Also I can't scan the computer for viruses, it is within 15 minutes of finishing scanning and I get the "PC Ran Into A Problem" message. Can somebody please help me understand why this is happening? Much Appreciated.

-Austin Visser

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2019 Views 53,989 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply.

What is the current status of the issue?

Unplug all the external devices connected to the computer except mouse and keyboard and check for the issue.

I would also suggest you to boot the computer to safe mode and check.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

The error code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR  states that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. This could have happened due to graphics card drivers.           

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.

Also refer:

Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557389(v=vs.85).aspx

If you are able to boot the computer to safe mode, we need to collect few logs from dump files that are created to analyze.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

61 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.