Failed to install 2 Intel DMA controller driver in Audit mode after Windows Update on CloverTrail

Hi friend:

I found in Clover Trail device, there are 2 Intel DMA controller driver under "Computer"(except "ACPI x86-based PC") in device manager.

I used to install Windows 8 and create user account, and it succeeded to install the 2 DMA controller driver under "Computer" after Windows Update is done and system restarted. By following steps:

Step one. Install Win8, select user color and computer name, user name, ......

Step two. Enter into Win8 with the user account created

Step three. Install all the necessary drivers, the 2 DMA controller drivers are unrecognized.

Step four. Doing Windows update by right click Computer->Properities->Windows Update->Install Updates

After Step four above and a restart, finally the 2 Intel DMA controller drivers are recognized, without yellow exclamation mark.

But for the OOBE shipping image, it is necessary to install drivers and Windows Updates in audit mode. so this time I did as following steps:

Step1   Install Win8, when it asked me for color and computer name, just press Ctrl+Shift+F3 to enter Audit mode.

Step2   Audit mode entered immediately.

Step3  Install all necessary drivers.

Step4  Doing Windows update by right click Computer->Properties->Windows Update->Install Updates

After step4 above and a restart, finally the 2 Intel DMA controller drivers are still keep unrecognized, still with yellow exclamation mark.

So the conclusion is that, doing Windows Update in Audit mode would not make the 2 Intel DMA controller driver recognized, only doing Windows Update in normal setup mode could get the 2 Intel DMA controller driver recognized.

Would you please help me to recognize the 2 Intel DMA controller driver in Audit mode, simply by installing Windows Updates?

Information on the 2 Intel DMA controller drivers are as below:

Intel(R) Low Power Subsystem DMA controller  (Hardware Ids: ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_0005)

Intel(R) UART DMA(Hardware Ids: ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_0004)

Hi Genesis Liu,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for posting the question.

As per the description, you are unable to install the driver for DMA controller in Audit mode.

Are you using OEM machine or custom built computer?

If the computer is custom built, I would suggest you to contact motherboard manufacturer and install the chipset drivers and check.

If are using an OEM machine, you may have a disk to install the motherboard chipset drivers. You may install the chipset drivers and then go ahead and install the drivers from Windows update.

Hope this information helps. Do get back to us if you have more queries regarding Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using an OEM machine. I knew for board level drivers,  I need to ask the manufacturer(Intel) for the driver.

But this Intel DMA Controller driver is installed by Windows Update(already checked by normal installation, as illustrated), but found unable to install these 2 DMA controller driver in audit mode. So I think there must be differences between normal installation and Audit mode installation, which caused this bug.

So would you please help to check it further? Thank you very much.

Intel(R) Low Power Subsystem DMA controller  (Hardware Ids: ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_0005)

Intel(R) UART DMA(Hardware Ids: ACPI\VEN_INTL&DEV_0004)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please post any/all further follow-up in replies to your original thread => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/failed-to-create-oobe-shipping-image-an-error/89c281a1-a9c5-4144-9e70-5f3c03f1b366
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's NOT the same issue, so I don't want to mention an another issue in this issue.

I am a little disappointed, would you please help to check this issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you upgrade to Win8 or did you do a clean install?

Did you run the Win8 Upgrade Assistant before you upgraded to or installed Win8 and did your computer hardware pass with flying colours?

Hi friend:

I encountered a problem when doing sysprep.

When installing Windows 8, I used to do following steps, it always succeeded:

Step one. press Ctrl+Shift+F3 to enter Audit mode

Step two. Install all necessary drivers

Step three. Install all Windows Updates

Step four. Open sysprep tool by typing sysprep.exe in command line, in the sysprep tool I selected "Enter OOBE" "Generalize" "Quit", wait for it done.

Store five. Reboot the system and capture OOBE shipping image by DISM command.

For this time,, I added an additional step, as step4 below. I updated 15 Windows Store apps to fix some obvious app store bugs.

Step1. press Ctrl+Shift+F3 to enter Audit mode

Step2. Install all necessary drivers

Step3. Install all Windows Updates

Step4. Update Windows Store apps(Sign in an Windows Store account, update, then sign out)

Step5. Open sysprep tool by typing sysprep.exe in command line, in the sysprep tool I selected "Enter OOBE" "Generalize" "Quit", wait for it done,

Step6. Reboot the system and capture OOBE shipping image by DISM command.

BUT, I got an error in step5, When I do sysprep, showing "A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine."

So if updated Windows Store apps, it always failed to sysprep /oobe the device. But it seems necessory to update Windows Store.

Would you please help me to solve it, thanks.

Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/89c281a1-a9c5-4144-9e70-5f3c03f1b366

Sure sounds like the same problem to me...

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, they are almost the same process, except that in this issue I only mentioned do Windows Update, and the sysprep tool succeeded doing OOBE, but failed to recognize 2 DMA controller driver under "computer" in device mananger;

BUT in the another issue, additionally, I mentioned updating Windows Store provisioned apps, and the sysprep tool got an error due to Windows Store updated.

So they are actually for different issue, hope you can understand.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a Consumer-specific support forum. If you're preparing Win8 computers for customers, you'd be better off posting in the Win8 IT Pro forums (as suggested by the Moderator in your first thread) => http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w8itpro 
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2023 Views 3,798 Applies to: