Windows 8 Keyboard - Split Keyboard grayed out and Icons way too big

Hi

I am having a weird problem. My Windows 8 Touch Keyboard has mysteriously "fattened" up so that it fills the entire bottom half of the screen. Usually, the touch keyboard is somewhat centered in the center of the display with margins at the sides, but for me, there are no margins. My keyboard used to be normal. Also, when I am trying to split my keyboard, the Split Keyboard option is grayed out. I can recall only one system change, which is I installed the Wacom Tablet PC driver.

Please respond.

Thanks

UPDATE 11/19/12

I have just found out that you can resize the keyboard in Windows 8 Dev Preview from the split keyboard screen. Can you do this in the release version?

|

Hi grub bootloader,

What is the make and model of your device?

Do you have the minimize option next to the 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the keyboard?  

Dena

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I have a Lenovo X201 Tablet, model number 0831CTO, and yes, I do have the close and minimize buttons. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks,
GBootloader

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this problem as well. Running Windows 8 Pro on an AMD x64 system. As he mentioned, the buttons are enlarged: the X to close the touch keyboard alone takes up about 150px x 150px of space on my 1920 x 1080 display. I also have the Wacom Graphics tablet driver installed for my Intuos5. If I unplug the tablet, the touch keyboard closes and when I re-open it, it is normal. I doubt it is a driver issue, and instead windows 8 recognizing the tablet as some sort of other input or touch device. When I write in the enlarged pen input area, the writing comes in ridiculously small, almost too small to read.

The interface of the touch keyboard seems buggy when my tablet is plugged in. The minimize and close buttons slightly overlap, and editing ink input makes ridiculously sized boxes. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue where on my desktop computer my input keyboard has over-sized Minimize and X buttons. With these there is no functioning Handwriting Recognition. I have built my system to adapt to the Hand writing and Input panel with a Bamboo Connect. Try to teach my daughters better hand writing skills through the system and this is a massive failure and a getting to be a financial lose. If I can't use my system the way I configured it I have to reconfigure it back to a Standard input system and move the Bamboo to a linux computer that is barely used.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a note to those who have issues with over sized minimize and close buttons. I recently just had an issue with this but realized it was due to a Wapcom driver like one of you have pointed out. I simply had to roll back the driver to an older driver version.

The fix for me was to go into Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Wapcom Device -> Properties -> Driver. From there I hit the roll back driver button and restarted my computer. After that it was back to normal with a normal sized keyboard and other buttons.

Not sure if this is the exact fix for your systems (if you still even had this issue) but I hope that someone can find this useful.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 4, 2021 Views 1,600 Applies to: