Wacom tablet/Secondary monitor usability

Hello,

I have problems with usability of Windows 8 with my Wacom Cintiq 12WX.

I can't find how to show up input panel (for handwriting input) I used a lot in Windows 7. I enabled and even provided some handwriting samples in control panel but can't find how to actually use handwriting recognition in Windows 8.

On extended desktop if I click something on the taskbar or on icon - it shows up on the first screen, not on the screen where I clicked it, which is weird.

Another issue is probably to be addressed by Wacom.. But when I change multi-monitor mode (Windows+P) each time Wacom input is broken (my mouse moves on wrong monitor or doesn't move at all). To fix this I need to open Wacom utilities and in 'calibrate' select monitor again (and each time monitor name is different, sometimes it is just Cintiq, sometimes it is ..(1), ..(2) ).

Regards,

Pavel

Connecting multiple monitors to a PC is one of the easiest ways to enhance your Windows experience. Plug in a second monitor and you instantly double your working surface. I've had a multi-monitor setup for the past 10 years; once you start using multiple monitors, you’ll never want to go back to your old setup. A multi-monitor setup allows you to be more productive by having more windows across multiple screens. We’re very excited about the ease at which tablets in Windows 8 will be able to support large screen and high resolution monitors (often through HDMI connectors), as this opens up a broad range of exciting new scenarios.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/05/21/enhancing-windows-8-for-multiple-monitors.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It is getting more fun. Now I have pen input - but on a wrong screen. Each time I change multi-monitor configuration (by pressing Windows-P) Wacom input becomes unusable (it goes to wrong screen). Tablet settings say that 'Cintiq 12WX' has no pen or touch input and my other monitor for some reason suddenly has...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is getting more fun. Now I have pen input - but on a wrong screen. Each time I change multi-monitor configuration (by pressing Windows-P) Wacom input becomes unusable (it goes to wrong screen). Tablet settings say that 'Cintiq 12WX' has no pen or touch input and my other monitor for some reason suddenly has...

I have the exact same issue with a Wacom Cintiq Companion and it is about to drive me insane.  I can not get the pen to use the Cintiq as the input screen, it is acting just like a Bamboo would.  As I move the pen around the Cintiq, the cursor moves correspondingly on my secondary monitor.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know I'm performing thread necromancy to resurrect a 2012 post, but this showed up in search results so it seems as good a place as any to describe how I just fixed this problem.

I've a touchscreen laptop with a Cintiq 13HD touch. Pen works. Touch mapped to primary/wrong screen.

Under control panel, locate "Tablet PC Settings" < Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.

You cannot calibrate the Cintiq under the display listing, it says it's not a touch screen.

HOWEVER

Press "Setup..." under the top Configure section.

Say you want to identify touch screens.

Follow onscreen instructions. Identify ALL touchscreens by tapping them, not just the Cintiq/extra.

Then it's fixed. Rock on.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2020 Views 4,036 Applies to: