Wacom Cintiq 21UX as non-primary monitor & TabletPC Settings

Hi,

I currently have a 4 screen setup in windows, and my primary screen is an HP LP3065 (2560x1600) and one of my extended screens is my Cintiq 21UX (1600x1200) with an aftermaket touchscreen added on to it. 

Currently, I cannot get the TabletPC settings to be correct: the HP-LP3065 is reported as having touch and pen input, when the Cintiq 21UX has that, and the Cintiq only reports touch when it has both Pen and Touch input.  I run the setup multiple times, and try to set the tablet as the display with the pen to no avail.  Windows doesn't detect any of the input.

This causes issues when I'm using my wacom screen and try to use the on screen keyboard/handwrite file names/etc. because the dialogs all switch to the primary screen to open the input dialog.

Anyone know what's going on?  Thanks!

Hi,

Under screen resolution select the monitor that you want to set as primary and change it.

As per touch feature on the tablet PC you can find Tablet PC Settings in Control Panel (use control panel search to find it), and then use the "calibrate" setting to identify the screens.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Update the Display Adapters drives from Device Manager:

a.       Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b.      Expand the Display Adapters.

c.       Click on properties, click on Driver tab.

d.      Click Update Drivers button.

e.      Click on OK button.

Also refer to the article given below.

Connect multiple monitors to your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I did most those suggestions before posting to this forum. 

My Wacom isn't set as my primary screen because, to be frank, it isn't my primary screen.  I primarily use the 30" screen when using Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.  When I need to do some Music Engraving, 3D modeling in Blender, or some drawings in Visio/Powerpoint, I then need to use the Wacom 21UX to prevent RSI.

It's seems that my desktop is stuck to the assumption that my primary screen is going to have the touch & pen input, if present, when indeed I'm on a machine that is much more customizable then a laptop or tablet.  Add to that that the resolution of the Cintiq (1600x1200) is not comparable to the to the 30" Screen (2560x1600) screen.  Lastly, the physical location of the Cintiq 21UX will literally make it painful to have as a primary screen, when not in use.  It's on an articulating arm, so I can move it to hover over my lap, or be out of the way of the other 3 monitors.  I've tried changing the screen on which WinRT appears, but it always defaults to the primary screen, even though I may change the screen while logged in.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I sugget you to check the article given below and check if it provides more information.

Do more with multiple monitors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/multiple-monitors#1TC=t1

If you have any further queries, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply.  The issue isn't just multiple monitors.  It's multiple monitors with pen and touch on a secondary monitor that is not realistically capable of being a primary monitor.

Sorry, what I should have asked initially is:  How do I enable touch and pen support on a secondary screen when my primary screen is not touch and pen enabled and I don't want it to be?  My primary screen is a 30" monitor (not touch-enabled).  My secondary screen is a 21" Wacom cintiq.  I only use the cintiq for specific programs and I do not want it to be my primary monitor

If that isn't possible, Why not? 

Let me say that I understand that more and more laptops, all tablets, many all-in-one PCs have pen/touch input on their primary screen. 

Having said that, I'm using a rackmounted PC.  My primary display is the display that lets me see the most information (but not an eyefinity/mosaic array).  Why do I have to base my high-end monitor configuration on an input-model for certain laptops/tablets where the touch screen is the primary display?

Do you expect users with 2560x1600 (30") or 2560x1440 (27") resolution screens and a Wacom 13HD (13" @ 1920x1080) to put the Wacom as their primary screen?  If you do, please stop.  PLEASE!

In all honesty, I'm quite frustrated with the current pen/touch input design.  In my opinion, the tablet input model/design is based on a flawed assumption. 

Is the assumption that Win8 devices will have their primary displays enabled with touch/pen input flawed?  No--that's what is currently happening, and is a large trend.

The flawed assumption is that no one will ever have another display that is incomparable in resolution or color quality to their touch/pen input screen.  ( 2560x1600 > 1600x1200 )

For Windows 8 Home, I can understand not letting users change the pen/touch input from the primary screen.  That's a lot of redesign, rework, retesting, re-committing, for something that a non-majority of users will take advantage of.  However, can't you make it a feature unique to Windows 8 Pro/Enterprise?

If you're still reading this, thank you very much for putting up with my response and tone.  Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

All those who have issues with Cintiq's as Secondary Displays:  You need to contact WACOM and let them know that you don't want your Windows Input Panel tied to the Cintiq being the Primary Monitor (The part of the Cintiq driver that deals with the input panel defaults to primary display).  Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

If you any queries related to Windows, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I spoke too soon.  I wrote my own HID mini-driver, and tried to use the TabletPC input panel on my Wacom Cintiq, and it still appeared on the the primary screen which has neither pen nor touch capability.

I went to Tablet PC Settings and set the Pen input display, and the pressed the Pen and Touch Input Panel button on the taskbar.  The panel opened on the primary screen, not the pen & touch enabled screen. 

Please mark this question as unanswered, because there is a bug with the Pen and Touch Input Panel.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure when it happened, but the good news is that this issue finally has a functional resolution!  When I open the TabletPC Input Panel(TIP), the TIP appears on the same screen as the application that has the focus.

This is a great fix--it can work if multiple touch screens and/or pen tablet displays are attached.  Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2019 Views 4,195 Applies to: