Question

Q: Problems with Wireless Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 8 Startup

I have a Samsung 7 series laptop and recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.  I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard.

When I upgraded, both of them worked.  When I do a restart in Windows, they both work at startup.  If I manually shut it down by pressing the button on my computer, they both work at startup.  But when I do a shut down from the power button in Windows and leave it off for some time, they don't work.  The cursor pad on my laptop will work, but the Logitech won't work. 

I though the problem might be that my Logitech keyboard and mouse aren't supported with Win 8, but I checked with Logitech, and they are.

I also tried shutting off quick start,  but that made no difference.

I'm wondering if it might be a USB issue because my speakers don't work either.

Any help would be appreciated. 

I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard.

I'm wondering if it might be a USB issue because my speakers don't work either.

Do you have powered USB hub?

---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes.  But the Logitech isn't plugged into it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.

Also have the same problem.
Windows 8 is loaded, but the wireless mouse and keyboard don't respond.
I tried to connect the USB to another hole, with no help. I tried to connect the USB to another computer and it works perfectly.

I also succeeded to load the BIOS on the computer start, and the mouse and keyboard work great in the BIOS screen.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tidhar

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, I tried to connect another wired mouse of a different company, with no help

Sorry this didn't help.

I also succeeded to load the BIOS on the computer start, and the mouse and keyboard work great in the BIOS screen.

What happens from there?   If you don't have a boot selection menu, try to add one.

C.f.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/windows-8-login-screen-mousekeyboard-stop-working/77fb1b07-a275-4b20-a70f-b221eb5e038f?page=2&tm=1355346206989 

---

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.

Also have the same problem.
Windows 8 is loaded, but the wireless mouse and keyboard don't respond.
I tried to connect the USB to another hole, with no help. I tried to connect the USB to another computer and it works perfectly.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tidhar

I've not gotten any answers here yet.  I chatted with Samsung and they said that they hadn't come up with all the necessary Win 8 drivers.  I'm guessing that my Samsung drivers aren't up to date yet so I'm going to have to wait until they come out.  I have learned that if I do a complete shutdown using the power button on my computer, everything works when I turn it back on using the button.  Also, if I put it in sleep mode everything works when I wake it.  The problem occurs when I shut down using the Win 8 power button on the screen.

Guess these are prices you pay for being an early adopter!

Sorry this didn't help.

After the BIOS screen, Windows is loaded, and again, no mouse and keyboard.
Anyway.. I ran the Windows 8 Repair from the CD, because I had to use my computer.
So the OS was cleaned. And my Mouse and Keyboard are now working.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't shut down using any button, only the computer itself power button, or I can pull the plug off, but that wouldn't be a good idea. I have neither keyboard nor mouse working, remember?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,044 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: