HP Paviliion Cursor Disappears after using TouchScreen

Hi

So, I just purchased a brand new HP Pavillion Beats Special Edition 15z Touhscreen Laptop about two weeks ago. I was messing around with the cursors and just decided to try some custom cursors. I got them downloaded (page link to the cursors below) and selected in the Control Panel, no problem. However, as soon as I use the touch screen, it disappears (which is normal), but when I try to use the touchpad or mouse, it doesn't come back, unless it's one of the other types of cursor: link select, busy, etc. Also, if I use custom for all but normal select, the cursor comes back. Finally, even if I click on a link that would otherwise use the link-select cursor using the touchscreen, the link-select cursor still appears when switching back to touchpad.

The other issue is that it was happening occasionally with just the default, mostly in Google Chrome. However, with the custom cursor it happens no matter what, and that's a major problem.

Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Specs:

Windows 8

AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeo HD Graphics, 1.7 GHz

8GB RAM

64-bit/x64 processor

Full Windows Touch Support w/10 Touch Points

link to cursors Download page: (if needed, Im just trying to post all information possible)

Cursor Preview/Download Page

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2019 Views 1,876 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Tony,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Lets try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: As you have mentioned it also happened with the default cursors as well, I would suggest you to try the Mouse Setting in Windows 8. 

1. Go to Control panel.

2. Go to Mouse settings.

3. Uncheck the option for the mouse pointer to disappear while typing. 

4. Now check if the System built in Cursor Disappears.

Method 2: As you say it happens only with Custom cursors I would suggest you check if the issue persists even after placing the computer in clean boot state.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Hope this information helps, please reply with the status of the issue for any further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.